Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:26 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Devionn wrote:
Hey Ty.

I didn't buy a server yet, but can I ask... Does the control pannel include any use of commands? Or is it like an online directory system eg Dropbox? I do know how to run a server though :P

Regards
Devionn

Good question;

No you cannot execute any commands VIA gameservers control panel; all you can do from there is simply stop and restart the server, or add users with the ability to do the same. (Helpful for when your on vacation and the server shuts down for any unknown reasons)

In order to upload/download/edit any files you will need an FTP program, Take a minute to read the first post and this will explain how to download, setup, and get started editing files on an off site server. Feel free to message me if you get stuck on any steps, or visit the Minecraft server in my signature for direct assistance :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:07 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Cool, I was not sure about FTP, but I am now. Just two more questions. Are the servers Windows or Linux based? And are we allowed to host cracked servers? As I am the only person out of about15 people that has a legit account.

Thanks!

Dev

Support my clan, and support this amazing Game Server host by clicking on the link above!

Btw... I like cheese.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:54 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Hey Dev,

The servers from what I have heard are windows based ( may need to double check, ) and hosting Craked servers for an illegal version of the game is illegal, Therefore you are not allowed to host cracked servers.

Using a support ticket is the quickest and easiest way to get a response to questions

I do not work for or am not associated with Gameservers in any way. All information shared is that of my own knowledge gathered and may not be correct.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:03 am 
No Longer a Newb

Hey. How can I see the console? I'm struggling to find it. Sorry D:

Dev

Support my clan, and support this amazing Game Server host by clicking on the link above!

Btw... I like cheese.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 am 
No Longer a Newb

Devionn wrote:
Cool, I was not sure about FTP, but I am now. Just two more questions. Are the servers Windows or Linux based? And are we allowed to host cracked servers? As I am the only person out of about15 people that has a legit account.

Thanks!

Dev

The Servers are Windows based, you do not get to choose otherwise. They are not called 'Cracked Servers' They are simply called 'Offline Servers' And yes you can run them. Within the servers.properties file there is a line that looks like such:
Code:
Server.properties
online-mode=true

What this does is tells the server to check Minecraft.net for official account information, Turning it to false would stop it from authenticating usernames, and allow anyone to join.
:!: Be careful as people can come in with any name they want regardless of username/password (I.E. If you log off they can change their username to YOUR username and become an OP.) :!:

Kazzaw wrote:
Hey Dev,
The servers from what I have heard are windows based ( may need to double check, ) and hosting Craked servers for an illegal version of the game is illegal, Therefore you are not allowed to host cracked servers.

:arrow: Cracked servers are simply Offline servers when talking about Minecraft, all other games however are correct, No hosting illegal content with Gameservers. Notch/Mojang are really cool about there users using there content. Most of this was discussed when SOPA/PIPA were in the mix.

Devionn wrote:
Hey. How can I see the console? I'm struggling to find it. Sorry D:

Dev

You are not given access to the console, only the console log which is the Server.Log file;

:idea: If you're talking about inputting commands within game simply press T which will bring up the talk command and type any command with the '/' in front of it. The server listens for the '/COMMAND' and executes it as long as the user is an OP.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:41 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Cool, thanks. Got my server running (South African based): 196.28.169.111 if you are really bored.

Btw... I like cheese.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:13 am 
No Longer a Newb

Devionn wrote:
Cool, thanks. Got my server running (South African based): 196.28.169.111 if you are really bored.

Ahhh I believe you may have came into my server when I was at work, Hope you enjoyed it! Lol Admins said you were looking to host a cracked server, HAHA I explained to them the situation though. They got a good laugh out of it. Best of luck! Swing in if you need anything, Just don't advertise in there, They ban for that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:29 am 
No Longer a Newb

Bump for justice, and updated.
+ Bukkit help.yml
+ OPS.TXT (and all other user files) basic layout. added to top section
+ Detailed Bukkit.YML (Offsite official Bukkit.YML help page) and more information on protecting spawn or disposing of spawn protection.
-Herobrine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:27 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

how do I install a mod??? I'd like to install tekkit if possible.. but have no clue

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:42 am 

I have the same question. I am following the instructions to install a mod but I can't seem to get it to work on the server. The mod is mo creatures. It works fine for me in single player but not seeing or hearing creatures in multiplayer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:23 pm 

I found some info online about tekkit, but everything seemed to contradict each other, didn't get me very far :/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:50 pm 

Exactly. Different tuts tell you conflicting info and when you try all the different things none of them work.When you file a service ticket here they "can't help you with that." Very frustrating. They have some nice mods in place already on the server but cummon update with the new popular mods too ya know.....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:30 am 
No Longer a Newb

We can install Tekkit on your server if you submit a support ticket. You will have to link the Tekkit website and let us know what version you would like.

For Tekkit 3.0.4, generally the mod_NetherOres.jar file needs to be disabled for it to run.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:19 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Back in the saddle, sorry I was really busy with my Minecraft server.
I changed everything around and basically had to restart from scratch.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:59 pm 

hey im completely new to this only played xbox version and how do i actually play whenever i put in the ip it says under construction

Minecraft Servers on sale now! Buy your own Minecraft Hosted server at GameServers.com!
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next