PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:43 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Hey all, hoping someone can help me out here. For whatever reason, my server reports that it's full when it reaches 15/16 players. Nothing appears to be wrong in my config, and i've ordered a 16 slot server from GS. Anybody have any idea what's up? I would post my config, but the forum won't let me paste it in or link to it.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:55 pm 

yeah my server too

only 14 player can join my server, then he sayed he is full, dunno why, i reinstall + full wipe same effect :8

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:50 pm 
Click my affiliate link

Ensure that you update your server using the Steam Update mod.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:38 pm 

what do u mean, is that my job to update the server ?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:23 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

are you sure you don't have reserved slots set up in your config?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:54 pm 

yes no reserved slots on my config
that is my config
Quote:
// If you add any applyServerConfig lines, they MUST go at the beginning of the file, before any other commands

si_name "[EGZ] Rumble House"
si_teamDamage 1

net_serverRemoteConsolePassword "xxxxxx"
net_serverAllowHijacking 0

si_needpass "0"
g_password ""

si_onlinemode 3
si_rules "sdGameRulesObjective"

g_mapRotationVote "mp/ccity,mp/sectow,mp/refuel" // allow players to vote for ccity, sectow and refuel
g_mapRotationFixed "mp/ccity,mp/refuel,mp/aquarium,mp/reactor,mp/resort,mp/sectow,mp/shipyard,mp/terminal" // map rotation: mp/ccity -> mp/refuel -> mp/sectow -> mp/ccity

spawnServer "mp/ccity"

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:42 am 
Click my affiliate link

Betaman2k wrote:
what do u mean, is that my job to update the server ?

When a new update becomes available for your game, unless it is pushed through by the developer as a required patch; you have the right to not install said patch because you may hear that it is bugged somewhere or something along those lines. It also allows you to bring down the server for 15-30 minutes when it is best suited for you, rather than in the middle of peak-time population.

So yes, it is your job to update the Brink server when an update becomes available. It is very easy to do.

Simply head to your Control Panel, then head to the "Mods" section of your Brink server and install the "Steam Update". If an update is available it will normally take around 15-30 minutes, maybe more, to complete the download and install.

In this time do something else; do not attempt to restart the server or reinstall the update as it will cancel the present update and so add more time to your update. Be patient, check back in 30 minutes, if you still can't see the server in-game after this time, wait another 30 minutes; if it is still not there then contact support.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:02 pm 

I'm now having the same issue, server is "full" at 15 players. No reserved slots. Entered yet another ticket.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:27 pm 

It's looking like i'll have to put in a ticket as well. The problem still isn't resolved.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:04 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Guys,

Post your ticket numbers in reference to this issue here. We would like to see a sample of servers having this difficulty.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:21 am 
No Longer a Newb

I have been wondering if this issue is due to spectators joining the server but not being counted. I just turned off spectators this morning so I can't be sure if this will fix the issue until later on when my server will be used. Are any of you having this trouble with spectators turned off?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:53 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

I have spectators on in our server so you may have a good point here in that maybe it's not counting spectators. I'll keep an eye on our server for this issue too.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:31 am 
No Longer a Newb

Anyone still having a problem with this? Last I checked my server was still experiencing it, although lately it is hard to tell consider most of the Brink traffic has taken a nose dive. I notice it is still a problem on other servers I randomly join.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:54 pm 
Frag. Not post.

The recent patch should have fixced this problem

Using a support ticket is the quickest and easiest way to get a response to questions

I do not work for or am not associated with Gameservers in any way. All information shared is that of my own knowledge gathered and may not be correct.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:00 am 
What's Frag Mean?

since the most recent patch, our BRINK server is having the same issue. Only showing or allowing 14 players in the server and returning a message when you try to join that says the server is full. I don't have reserve slots turned on and server is up to date.