It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:05 pm
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:33 pm
GameServers.com Forum Newb

My friends have recently made the switch to TS3. Up until yesterday I could connect with no issues, now I get a "failed to connect to server" message when I try to join. The server is in Atlanta. I ran a traceroute and also pinged the IP and both time out in Atlanta. I have made no changes on my end and I am sure I have the server address correct. I can connect to another friends TS, but I'm not sure who his TS is hosted by. Any help would be appreciated.

I was on the phone with my ISP for nearly an hour over this. They were running traces out of Phoenix AZ and getting hung up on that same ATL hub. Occasionally they made it through and sometimes they got hung up in Illinois. I am in Oklahoma. Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums.

Problem Solved. Thank you.

Last edited by MaxJohnson on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

TS3 Servers on sale now! Buy your own Teamspeak 3 server at GameServers.com!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Maybe your firewall? Or possibly your ts client version. But i would first triple check your ip and make sure your entering the right one or maybe your bookmark changed if you are using that

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:32 pm

I've tried it with my firewall off, I've tried bypassing my router and plugging directly into my modem. I'm certain I have the right IP. I've gone to TSviewer and tried to connect through them, still the same error.

The clan leader has offered to change locations of the server but there is no guarantee that I wouldn't still be routed through Atlanta. Even if that did solve it for me, other members could possibly wind up in the same boat I am in now so I'm really focusing on getting my connection to the server sorted out.

I've updated to beta 9. Before then I had used 5 and 6. I've tried reverting back to those versions to see if that fixes it, still nothing.

For the heck of it, I ran a traceroute on your server CowboyPilot and it didn't show any reason why I couldn't connect, but I didn't just want to barge into your TS.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Some of my members had the same issue and our server is also located in Atlanta. (ts55.gameservers.com:9142)
Suddenly, they all can connect tonight after several days.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:03 am
Frag. Not post.

We were made aware of some routing issues to this location that were fixed. Is anyone still having problems with this?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:29 pm

I've been having issues where the server seems to keep going down and everyone loses connection. Then a couple of minutes later it comes back up and everyone can connect. This was happening like 30+ times/day. Yesterday and the day before were ok, only happened a few times. Today all of a sudden it's back with a vengence. Did this 7 times within an hour tonight.

Was told that it was something to do with the particular location and that I could switch locations if I wanted but that there was no way of making any sort of back up of the server. So essentially I would have to rebuild it by setting up all of the permissions again and having to re-add everyone to their permissions. That's just super lame.

So frustrated. :x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:51 am
No Longer a Newb

I cant make the Serverstatus show with TSVIEWER.COM. Gametracker works but the loading time with the Status makes my Website really slow. The Gametracker Status takes too long for my Site to load. Can you please make sure it works with Tsviewer ?

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm
No Longer a Newb

djnoob wrote:
I've been having issues where the server seems to keep going down and everyone loses connection. Then a couple of minutes later it comes back up and everyone can connect. This was happening like 30+ times/day. Yesterday and the day before were ok, only happened a few times. Today all of a sudden it's back with a vengence. Did this 7 times within an hour tonight.

Was told that it was something to do with the particular location and that I could switch locations if I wanted but that there was no way of making any sort of back up of the server. So essentially I would have to rebuild it by setting up all of the permissions again and having to re-add everyone to their permissions. That's just super lame.

So frustrated. :x

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=38560&p=188723#p188723 , hope it helps

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Quote:
My friends have recently made the switch to TS3. Up until yesterday I could connect with no issues, now I get a "failed to connect to server" message when I try to join. The server is in Atlanta. I ran a traceroute and also pinged the IP and both time out in Atlanta. I have made no changes on my end and I am sure I have the server address correct. I can connect to another friends TS, but I'm not sure who his TS is hosted by. Any help would be appreciated.

I was on the phone with my ISP for nearly an hour over this. They were running traces out of Phoenix AZ and getting hung up on that same ATL hub. Occasionally they made it through and sometimes they got hung up in Illinois. I am in Oklahoma. Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums.

Problem Solved. Thank you.

Hi I know this is an old thread, but I still have this problem. How was your problem solved? That link posted last doesn't work anymore.
Anybody able to help me?