PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:06 am 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

To make a long story short, we have an Ark Server from another company (SurvivalServers.com) in which the service has been absolutely terrible. You guys have been phenomenal with our CSGO and Teamspeak server over the last year, Especially with uptime. We want to migrate and purchase an Ark server from you guys when our bill from them finally runs out on the 15th. Could you tell me what files i would need to rip from FTP and backup in order to carry over all our progress from their server to one you guys provide? We really dont wanna start over with the invested hours we have building our city in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:08 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

Your best bet here is to submit a support ticket - They are checked much more frequently than the forums.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:45 am 
GameServers Staff

You'll most likely just want to backup the main save, client, and tribe data within the /<ARK>/ShooterGame/Saved/SavedArks/ directory of the server installation. The <ARK> entry represents the base folder for the server installation as I'm not sure what it would be for their services. Realistically, you can backup the whole /SavedArks/ folder, but the world save backups aren't really necessary to upload to the new server. Omitting the backups would cut down on the amount of data you'd need to upload to the server, but I'd suggest to still save them locally to your PC just in case.

The main save will have the .ark extension, and the name will be dependent on the map you are running. For example, if you are running the default 'TheIsland' map, the save file will be 'TheIsland.ark'. The player data will have the .arkprofile extension, and the tribe data .arktribe.

I'd also suggest to backup the "GameUserSettings.ini" and "Game.ini" files within the save folder:

/<ARK>/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/

These should be the only files you'd need to keep.