PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:33 pm 
Frag. Not post.

We are currently offering this service for $5/month. Using this would give you unlimited space/bandwidth for your custom content, and it would be automatically set up for you. The only thing you would ever need to do for this is add it to your configuration file.

If you are interested in this, it can be added to your account via the "Order New" area of your control panel. See http://faq.clanservers.com/index.php?action=show&cat=13 for FAQ's about this.

Last edited by [gs] devicenull on Wed May 27, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:36 pm 
No Longer a Newb

im intrested but i realy dont know how to add it to my configuration.
so a small guide on how to do that would be great.
and i realy dont know what kind of ticket i should be Requesting.

thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:44 am 
Frag. Not post.

pidgeot29 wrote:
im intrested but i realy dont know how to add it to my configuration.
so a small guide on how to do that would be great.
and i realy dont know what kind of ticket i should be Requesting.

thanks!

Create a ticket under the "Billing" category.

As far as the configuration goes, once it is set up we provide you with the exact lines and you just need to copy and paste them into your config.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:50 am 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

I have a question concerning the rediret server. Once we order it and its activated, how do we place the files onto the server? I know it's via FTP, but what are the log in details, if any? Would it be the account number and password we use to log in to the members area here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:17 am 
GameServers Officer

In your control panel for your game server subscription, when you click on the "info" button it will give you the FTP login information to your server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:31 am 

[gs] quon wrote:
In your control panel for your game server subscription, when you click on the "info" button it will give you the FTP login information to your server.

The "info" button for the Killing Floor server, or the redirect subscription? Because the redirect doesn't have any FTP information, merely the http redirect address. And looking at the KF server using FileZilla, there's nothing in the files concerning the redirect.

Unless you mean that the redirect server gets its content from the KF server itself. I'm unfamiliar with the Unreal engineand redirecting, so I'm slightly confused by the whole redirect process, which is why I got the redirect subscription in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:42 am 

yeah, i'm feeling the same way.

well, actually i got redirect using the free gameserver clan-website working fine, but space is very limited, so i ordered this. so far it's not working, though.
I opened a support ticket and will probably get an answer, soon. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:44 am 
No Longer a Newb

How much space? I rent 3 servers from you at this time. Can I upload content for each server? I am interested if its only $5 a month.

Oh ...missed the unlimited space thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:52 am 

space is unlimited and you can use it for all your gameservers servers when you add the subscription. At least that that's what it said when I ordered. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:54 pm 

Oh wait. I didn't read the news release right. My bad.

But now I have another question. When I upload the compressed map files to the server, does it matter where in the server I put them? I notice that the path is http://(redirect server IP)/(game server IP)/ and not http://(redirect server IP)/(game server IP)/maps/.

Do I put the compressed maps in the root of the server, or under kf/maps? Or does it matter? I'm uploading them in both to be safe, but I'm curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:54 pm 

You need the .rom files in ftp://yourserverip/kf/maps/ and the .uz2 files on a http server in this format: http://site.com/kf/maps/ remember to add a / at the end of the remot url.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:08 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Can anyone post how well this works please. I have servers on the West coast. They are putting the redirects in New York. Let me know if it works well for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:07 pm 

DETHCRUDE wrote:
Can anyone post how well this works please. I have servers on the West coast. They are putting the redirects in New York. Let me know if it works well for you.

I'm having nothing but issues with this service. Slow upload speeds, improper redirect server configuration (resulting in player downloads exceeding 100%, while the config file is properly set up) and lack of automatic compression being used as said would be used in the FAQ.

FAQ wrote:
You don't have to. Any content you add to your game server will be automatically available on your redirect server. If the game supports it, it will be automatically compressed as well. Aside from adding the correct entries to your config file, there's nothing you have to do with this server.

I've now had a ticket pending for over 24 hours with detailed explanation of each of these, and have only had it responded to once saying the ticket had been redirected. The redirect happened 22 hours ago.

Since I ordered the service 3 days ago, that's all I've seen is issues. 24 hours to even get the service turned on from payment.

To be honest, I'm frustrated and annoyed. I'm almost tempted to request a refund and pay the $10 a month extra for my web site host to upgrade to the unlimited bandwidth a month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:49 pm 
Frag. Not post.

DETHCRUDE wrote:

You can check the speeds you would get by downloading the following file: http://redirect.ny.gameservers.com/speedtest.dat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:52 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Odelik wrote:
DETHCRUDE wrote:

I'm having nothing but issues with this service. Slow upload speeds, improper redirect server configuration (resulting in player downloads exceeding 100%, while the config file is properly set up) and lack of automatic compression being used as said would be used in the FAQ.

FAQ wrote:
You don't have to. Any content you add to your game server will be automatically available on your redirect server. If the game supports it, it will be automatically compressed as well. Aside from adding the correct entries to your config file, there's nothing you have to do with this server.

I've now had a ticket pending for over 24 hours with detailed explanation of each of these, and have only had it responded to once saying the ticket had been redirected. The redirect happened 22 hours ago.

Since I ordered the service 3 days ago, that's all I've seen is issues. 24 hours to even get the service turned on from payment.

To be honest, I'm frustrated and annoyed. I'm almost tempted to request a refund and pay the $10 a month extra for my web site host to upgrade to the unlimited bandwidth a month.

Could you tell me what ticket number you are referring to? I'm afraid that at the moment I'm the only one that can fix these issues, and I am not available on Friday/Saturday. I made some changes to it early this morning that should have resolved the issue.

I'm currently waiting on the game to finish downloading, as I was relying on other people to test this for me, which doesn't seem to have been a good idea.

To clarify:
KF servers should be set to use compression, they will not work otherwise. You do not have to upload compressed maps, just upload the normal map and the rest will be handled for you.
KF servers should work correctly with this as of 10AM today (May 24).

Rent your own Killing Floor server at great prices!