k i wrote out several points abiout this provider
only to get a mistake messege
i obviously have picked a bad provider
that dont allow degrading comments on its forums
:evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:40 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

1/ reading your forums i get the impression that we are not allowed full access to our server ?
2/ user cp a waste of space configs and mods not supported
3/ your ftp access is almost useless cant upload all maps etc as the permission seems to be invalid and stops transfer after a while and is very slow compared to say filezilla ftp prog
4/ why my server is set for high pings only i dont know, as i'm a uk resident and my clan is europe based oh and my servers supposed to be in london ?
5/ how do i change my server name as " a new clanservers.com" is not my name or my clans ?
6/do i need to put a ticket in everytime i need to alter things around or update things
7/ why i need to ticket you with regards to roc-mod i dont know
8 we already have an existing sof2 snipe server so why cant i just swap config, maps, cycle ,etc etc is beyond me ?

please contact me with regards to these matters asap
as a new customer i find this hassle rather off putting to say the least
if one of your admins wishes to set up my entire server then contact me for access to my existing sof servers ftp

what i thought would be a quite easy transfer has been made nigh on impossible with the setup thats run at this provider
:evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:53 pm 
Offical GameServers Mascot

1) what do you think you are missing as far as full access?
2) i'm pretty sure you can view your server config for just about every game as long as it is in the default location. there are many mods available for auto-install.
3) Gameservers does not have a limit on the number of maps/mods you can add to your server. this is most likely your personal internet connection timing out from a limit set by your ISP. and also, GS cannot fix a certain FTP program so it is as fast as another one.
4) if it is not in london and you ordered it there, send in a ticket about it. if your server is "set" for high pings, i am interpretting you put something in your configs that gives you this impression. post about the issue in the game specific forum so people can help you.
5) edit your configs
6) no you do not
7) if you need help with installing 3rd party mods, you can ask GS if you need help and they may try to help you, otherwise there are people who will help you if you post in the game's forum here.
8 ) i am not sure why you are not able to re-upload this other server. what errors do you get?

check some of the gameservers.com guides if you do not know how to configure a server http://forums.gameservers.com/index.php?c=9

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:38 am 
Offical GameServers Mascot

Gameservers.com is great service...You just need to know how to use it..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:40 am 

excellent servers... agreed.

Post subject: Notice
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:42 am 
No Longer a Newb

You have i server to setup, it simple if you can read, but some guys don't thinks that have to read

and thinks that providers will give you a server ready to go, they are ready to use, you just have to

refine it to your own need. But you would like to have it keuy in hand . and you get in to that thinking you would b a God on your server,

you are God on your server, even God took 6 days to set it up and you think that your better then him and you want to rules over everyone

To bad you just realise that your not a God, just another human like us.

Have a nice day and if you don't have anything positive about others it better to keep it shut up.

66.55.149.185:20411 SOF 2 snipers Noble pro Mod + bots
66.55.149.185:20111 Full W + bots
http://www.clantoolz.com/universalsnipe ... /index.asp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:46 am 

SUCKY AT ALLL !!! I WONT TAKE FROM THERE ANYMORE, EURO GO TO : *snip* NP WITH THEM

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:54 pm 
I answer every post

lol do your research, gameservers.com far surpasses anyone out there for many reasons.

Price
Uptime
Service
Performance'
Locations
Freedom

The url you posted has a whopping 1 location choice and ridiculouse prices, go there and good luck to you.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:08 pm 

It has its ups and downs, but I like to remain neutral. Not much I ask for, to be honest.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:08 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Overall, all I can say is the Gameserver fairly does a good job on its own. There are just unplanned maintenance out there that cannot be avoided.