PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:31 am 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

So there's no possibility of getting any 100 tick servers? I thought I've heard that there are a few, and just wondering how much more did the 100 tick servers cost versus the 33 tick servers?
They say that the netcode is much better in OB but I still say 100 tick is simply better than 66 especially for fast paced games like surf.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:54 pm 

I believe it is possible to get a server's tickrate to 100 on both Linux and Windows based servers. I have two screenshots of two Linux server's (the 66 tickrate one being my Linux server and the 100 tickrate being another Linux box). The net_graph 1 command shows what the server's tickrate is being capped at. I have it circled in red. Take look and let me know what you think..

Attachments:
File comment: 100 tickrate
100 tickrate.jpg
100 tickrate.jpg [ 86.36 KiB | Viewed 9483 times ]
File comment: 66 Tickrate
66 tickrate.jpg
66 tickrate.jpg [ 137.84 KiB | Viewed 9483 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:36 pm 

what did you use to do that? the tick rate enabler, cause that's the only thing I've seen so far.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:18 pm 

net_graph 1 yo. its a command ingame

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:23 pm 

stroudy1337 wrote:
net_graph 1 yo. its a command ingame

im not talking about netgraph lol, I'm talking about the tickrate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:37 pm 

I'm confused? I'm the one asking how to change it. I have no idea how to change it, I can only see what's set.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:39 pm 

ah I thought you were saying you had one,
but how do you know if it's hosted on linux
I've seen a so called windows version one, but nothing for linux yet I dont think.,.,

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:00 pm 

I've seen both now. I use HLSW to tell. It says under the Version row in the stats window for the server

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:17 am 

Hi i'm new i rented a 10 man css server a few hours ago, one of the first things i did was go into the mod section and choose to install the orangebox update, its been much more than an hour now and i still don't think its finished yet so i assumed that it was still running the old version of cstrike and not the one in the orangebox folder, so i checked it on fireftp when i discovered that the cstrike folder was completely empty, after restarting the server and checking the server.cfg which i recently edited in orangebox it was obvious that it was actually running on orangebox and after checking the dates for all the files they date back to 23rd of june so nothing atall has happened since i tried to update.

i've had 2 people i know try to connect to the server but it says something about the product version being different, its the servers fault because i'm allowed to connect to other servers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:42 am 

After checking a few other ip's in the area of the one i rented some of them have issues aswell, and because their in the same area i'm assuming they are also rented from gameservers, which means that the update couldn't have worked for them, i'll make a ticket.

Want your own Counter Strike Source server? Buy your CSS hosting at GameServers.com!