PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:02 pm 
GameServers Staff

Valve has released their CS:S update which converts CS:S into an Orangebox based game (such as TF2). Because of this, ALL servers will be downloading the required content which is resulting in slow downloads and extended downtime. Please accept our apologies for any downtime caused by this and thank you for your patience.

More information about the update can be found at http://store.steampowered.com/news/?fee ... appids=240

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:49 pm 
GameServers Officer

Additional information about the Orangebox update for CSS

In order to make this as smooth of a transition as possible, we will move your server.cfg files to the new file location according to the orangebox file structure. In addition to simply moving your server.cfg, we will also change your server's startup map to de_dust2 avoid any potential custom map issues.

Our main concern is to make sure that all servers come up on a standard map and then tackle possible issues that may be specific to each customer's server configuration once we know that the server is coming up normally on orangebox.

There will also be a mod in the mod section of your control panel which will move all of your maps from the old directory structure to the new orangebox structure.

Please also keep in mind that with this change, there is a very high probability that your custom mods may not work in its current form. We do believe that the mod teams (if they have not already) will build a version that is compatible with the orange box version of CSS.

Thank you all for your patience as we go through this transition period.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:56 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

With the new update to CS:S will the DoD:S and TF2 server also be limited to 66 Tick or will 100 Tick still be available for TF2 and DoD:S, and if they are only 66 tick will the price on 100 tick servers revert down to 66 tick server prices?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:31 am 

So i understand they are currently hosting metamod source updated versions of their mods for both linux and windows dedicated servers, too deal with the orangebox update. Is their an ETA on when we can expect these updates too be finished :?: :?: :?:

Thanks for your time :!:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:55 am 
GameServers Officer

Are you referring to the updates to the mods in the mod section of the control panel or updates to your actual server?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:34 am 

I used ftp to connect to my gameservers.com CS:S server. All the new stuff is supposed to be in the \orangebox folder off the root, correct?

All of my old stuff seems to be in the \cstrike folder, but the \orangebox folder is empty as far as I can tell, even though my server is up and running (although without any of the mods and a lot of errors in the console)?

I'd like to begin installing updates to mani but clearly I need to know where the files are supposed to be going before I start doing that.

Also, is there going to be a general guide posted with instructions or do you want individual support tickets for each server?

UPDATE 6/24: I ended up opening a ticket and apparently there was indeed a problem with my FTP permissions, which has been resolved. Thanks.

Last edited by DirtNap on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:54 pm 

I cannot get my sourceMod admin to work.
Only have rcon right now.
A friend has a server with another provider and they were provided a patch to correct admin problem.
Anyone with Gameservers have a working sourceMod admin?
If so, any help would be appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:18 pm 

Well basically metamod and sourcemod are no longer functional, due too orangebox update newer versions of the mods are required too make them compatible. (Which have already been released.)

So what Ive done is re-added the mods too orangebox\cstrike directories and added my cfgs. (Now obviously i dont expect this too work.) - Please note that moving cfg's did reflect changes on the server and site.

However the members area website offers too install Version 1.8.1 source metamod - (1.8.2 is the latest version orangebox ready).

As i cannot run remote script commands on the server, i am unable too unpack the latest version and simply upload it, (via ftpclient) because its a tar.gz, the windows version fails too function after extraction because the .so files are no longer included in the .zip only the dlls.

When 1.8.1 is installed via the members area website it installs back too \cstrike\ folder instead of \orangebox\cstrike\

So my question is when will i be able too use version 1.8.2 mmsource and restore functionality too all my mods?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:01 am 

I issued a support ticket based on my prior post.
This was the reply....
"Currently only Mani is available for a working installation. We are currently working on providing a working SourceMod at the moment."

A friend has a server through another provider which has issued a patch that allows sourceMod to work with the Orangebox update. This leads me to believe its only a matter of time until Gamerservers.com comes up with their own patch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:39 am 

Sourcemod has already been updated to 1.3.3 for CS:S on orangebox.
http://www.sourcemod.com/

You will also need the latest Metamod:Source 1.8.2
http://www.metamodsource.net/

Just download those and install them yourself and good to go.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:09 am 
GameServers Officer

All mods in our mods section of the control panel have been updated to version that are compatible with the OB version of CSS

Please let us know if there are any issues.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:25 pm 

So how will the price change effect customers now since 100 tick is no longer available also how will this effect high fps servers?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:19 pm 
GameServers Officer

We were checking to see if they are thinking of rolling back that change. That doesn't seem to be the case for various reasons.

With that said, we will price the servers for the ex-100 tickrate to the regular 66 tickrate pricing

As far as high fps's go, there will probably be a small price reduction but nothing too dramatic as the fps is still at higher levels even at the new static 66 tickrate OB introduced.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:37 pm 

what about deathmatch mod guys??
i have been struggling for five days trying to install it.

+ is there a possibility that i don't get charged for these days of configurations...

i have already owned a server before (with lots of configuration) and never been through this type of stuff.

I especially rented it for the deathmatch mod and i can't get it to work.

I know it is not your fault, but i pay to use something and i just cannot use it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:53 pm 

[gs] quon wrote:
We were checking to see if they are thinking of rolling back that change. That doesn't seem to be the case for various reasons.

With that said, we will price the servers for the ex-100 tickrate to the regular 66 tickrate pricing

As far as high fps's go, there will probably be a small price reduction but nothing too dramatic as the fps is still at higher levels even at the new static 66 tickrate OB introduced.

How will the performance be with a 500 FPS & 1000 FPS running on a 66 tic server?

Want your own Counter Strike Source server? Buy your CSS hosting at GameServers.com!