Post subject: Halo CE server gametypes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:24 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

I know this might be a stupid question but im a noob to halo and im trying to add custom gametypes .. and its not working . I did exactly what it said to do but now how to i get it to recognize the gametype.. also what does (chmod'ed to 777 ) mean? .. does that mean give the folder in which holds the gametypes a user name 777 full access / permission ? thanks to anyone that can help me..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:34 pm 
No Longer a Newb

You will need to create a savegames folder, and upload it to the "ACCTID/haloce/cg/" directory. You can now add the custom game folders to the "ACCTID/haloce/cg/savegames/". Each game should be contained in its own sub-folder. Common mistakes are making the folder "savedgames", and not savegames. I would also avoid using any spaces when naming these custom gametypes. Also, when adding the map to your rotation, be sure to set "" around the game variant.

sv_mapcycle_add bloodgulch "custom1"

If you have any issues with this, we can take a look if you submit a support ticket.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:49 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Does it work the same way if you are using sapp? Where would you put it and what would the string be?

Host Halo Servers in 14+ locations!