PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:19 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

I tried to install mods on my server two separate times, but it did not work. I installed the mods in the proper place in the FTP location under content/mods then put the appropriate gamemodids in the command server line. My server went dead after this. Didn't restart or anything so I had to remove the mods and completely reinstall the server twice. I have created a ticket for getting the mods installed, but I haven't received a response today. Does anyone know what I could have been doing wrong or have better instructions compared to the instructions on the FAQ page for how to install mods.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:10 pm 
GameServers Staff

Hello,

Please open a support ticket within your account and the team will be glad to assist you in more detail.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:55 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

Is this a common issue with Ark Server Mods? Do you have to submit a ticket for GameServers to install each one? How long did it take you to get a response from your ticket? Once you've got it "subscribed" do you need to resubmit a ticket each time you need to update it?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:38 pm 

Good questions I would like to know if your issues have been resolved

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:09 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

I've been running an Ark server for about a week now. Had numerous problems initially - spent 3 of 7 days with an unplayable server due to a "Mod Mismatch Error". Now, there's a command you can put in the command line that goes like this:

-automanagedmods

If you add this, the server should in theory automatically download and keep all your mods up to date. I'll update when I know how well it works. So far, a solid day and a half of a working server now though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:37 am 

i will say when i first started using Game Servers to host i had a major issue getting mods to install. I opened tickets to get them installed.

What I found my issue to be not that i did not know how to do FTP. Most of us trying to run a server i believe have a basic understanding of what FTP does so how could i be screwing it up. turned out it was not be me at all i changed the program i used to FTP the mods to the server to the add on associated with FireFox and have not had an issue with the ftping for mods. I would try that and see if it helps out.

My issue is a little different now I have been trying to set up a cluster. I can see the 2nd server no problem i can even attempt to move my toon over to the other server everything looks like it is working but then when i go to spawn on the 2nd server in the cluster. My toon is gone and it asks me to make a new Toon. I go back to the 1st server and my toon is there and i have to download it again.

Any ideas here?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:41 am 

Ticket No: JNO-874QH

that is the 2nd ticket i have opened trying to get a cluster set up on my server.

Thank you for any ideas.

I have now been working on this going on 10 days.