Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:50 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

my server still the problem that is never used if it is not me who created the waiting room and I start on the server

I want the base to a public server and I can use it also with friends but the fact remains that the private group

how can I solve this problem :?

thank you for the future response

Post subject: ok next lol
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:38 am 
No Longer a Newb

Ok thanks a million guys, so thus far I have 2 configs im swapping in and out, one config, very similar to the first post in this thread i use solely for VS, and another that basically is for when no "Clan" are playing and its just a public road whore, but, ive come across another prob. Here is the config,

hostname "(FoE)Flames ofthe Eternal"
log on
sv_password ""
rcon_password "xxxxxxxx"
sv_rcon_banpenalty 5
sv_rcon_maxfailures 10
motd_enabled 1
z_difficulty normal
sv_steamgroup 653463
sv_steamgroup_exclusive 0
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0
sv_gametypes "coop,versus,survival"
sv_search_key "phoenix"

mp_autoteambalance 0
mp_autoteambalance_delay 15
mp_autoteambalance_warning_delay 10
mp_teams_unbalance_limit 1
mp_idledealmethod 1

//mp_maxrounds 0
//mp_winlimit 0

mp_forcecamera 0
mp_allowspectators 0
mp_friendlyfire 1
mp_footsteps 1
sv_cheats 0
sv_timeout 120
sv_maxspeed 320
sv_consistency 1
decalfrequency 10

sv_voiceenable 1
sv_alltalk 0
mp_chattime 7

sv_allowupload 1
sv_allowdownload 1
net_maxfilesize 100
sv_downloadurl "http://etjp.escapedturkey.net/Left4Dead/"

sv_minrate 10000
sv_maxrate 25000
decalfrequency 10
sv_maxupdaterate 66
sv_minupdaterate 33

sv_logbans 1
sv_logecho 1
sv_logfile 1
sv_log_onefile 0

sv_lan 0
sv_region 0
sv_contact "flamesoftheeternal@live.com"
sv_pausable 0
sv_pure 1
sv_pure_kick_clients 1

setmaster add 68.142.72.250:27011
setmaster add 72.165.61.189:27011

log on
sv_tags ""

I find the server in a different mode it seems everytime i come around. thats really not a prob as i say i switch back to the VS when thats what we want to play, but'
1. ive found that even if i put a password on the server, it makes no difference, it doesnt ask me for one nor does it ask anyone that connects for one. I locked it up to Test the Sourcemod stuff and ugg, i had random public ppl in there, NO idea how or why there made it there but, steam....
2. ive found for instance if the server is in its Mode, what ever it may be lets use coop for an example, and i join the server, i cannot vote it back to lobby, nor can i get it to change modes even with RCON. when i pull a vote, return to lobby is Grayed out and inaccesible and when i change the gametype over in RCOn is echos on the screen that the gametype has changed yet, nada, it continues on as is, also tried disconnecting and reconnecting after i changed the gamemode and blah, right back to how it was. i dont know whats the deal with that.
3. this question is semi-random, can you bind a key to auto pop up the sourcemod admin menu instead of going to console and typing in the sm_admin? tried a couple of variations with no success.
4. THANK God for guys like you that "Get" valve and their headaches. Without people with your knowledge Valve would undoubtably make it impossible for people to have servers. Thanks in advance for your help and thanks again for your previous assistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:54 am 
No Longer a Newb

I have 2 servers now. Just got a 2ND one because I have more clan members than server slots. Anyway I simply followed the instruction I post and was set up and ready to go within 10 minutes. I know for a fact this all works, because I'm using it everyday. I think you guys may be making it harder than it is.

Make sure your servers are updated too. I'm going to explain how I do things so you'll get a better idea of how simple it really is.

My new server is public and random people join it all day. Every time they connect from a lobby it could be any game type they choose. That's why your server is in different game modes from time to time. Now my 1st server is set up so only people who use the search key can connect to it. You can set up a search key by editing your Left 4 Dead "Set Launch Option" which you have to do in the steam application.

I dont need 2 configs. It's too much editing you're doing. Here's a look at part of the server config. It's private to only people using the search key to connect from the game lobby. They can choose any game-type, difficulty, and map in the game lobby. And when they start the game it connects to our server(s) via the search key.

Quote:
// L4D cvars

motd_enabled 1
z_difficulty impossible
sv_steamgroup 742631
//sv_steamgroup_exclusive 1
sv_search_key "lcnowns"

If I want my server to be a public server I make a small edit to the config in the game-servers control panel. It's really very simple as you can see by adding this "//" to the search key it becomes disabled.

Quote:
// L4D cvars

motd_enabled 1
z_difficulty impossible
sv_steamgroup 742631
//sv_steamgroup_exclusive 1
//sv_search_key "lcnowns"

Note how the search key is no longer active making the server public once again. So, I can choose when the server will be clan member access only or public with one small edit to the config.

If anyone needs any direct help just add me to friends on steam. My seam user name is: foulphil

http://steamcommunity.com/id/foulphil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:52 pm 

thank you 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:10 am 
No Longer a Newb

well my server has its ups and down to say the least, yes, what is posted does work, but then, what gameservers gave me as a default config worked, but just not what we all want,. through everything ive read online and researched ive finally got it running constant, showing up where i want and so forth, ive only one issue that i really need to resolve, My server is showing up in the steam server group list and normally it shows up as if its set in a campaign/coop mode, but when i click on it to the right it shows 0/4 players and join game is grayed out. There is no one on it, its just idle, but when i go and create a lobby and do a ms_force_dedicated it connects right away. So my question is what needs to be set to make it clickable to take it to a lobby. i c other steam group servers setup that if empty you can click join and takes you straight to a lobby in which you can set up what ever type of game/map etc. What am i doing wrong? This is my server config : after condense.
hostname "(FoE)Flames ofthe Eternal Pub"
rcon_password "xxxxxxxxxx"
sv_rcon_banpenalty 5
sv_rcon_maxfailures 10
motd_enabled 1
z_difficulty normal
sv_steamgroup 653463
sv_gametypes "versus,survival,coop"
sv_search_key "phoenix"
sv_consistency 1
decalfrequency 10
sv_voiceenable 1
sv_alltalk 0
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_downloadurl "http://etjp.escapedturkey.net/Left4Dead/"
sv_logbans 1
sv_logecho 1
sv_lan 0
sv_region 0
sv_contact "flamesoftheeternal@live.com"
sv_pure 1
sv_pure_kick_clients 1
setmaster add 68.142.72.250:27011
setmaster add 72.165.61.189:27011

again thanks for the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:04 am 

That to me to write in config, that in game there were messages like "welcome on my server".
Sorry for my english....
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:19 am 

Quote:
ive only one issue that i really need to resolve, My server is showing up in the steam server group list and normally it shows up as if its set in a campaign/coop mode, but when i click on it to the right it shows 0/4 players and join game is grayed out

same problem here. anyone know how to fix the grayed out join game problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:51 am 
No Longer a Newb

To be honest with you, I have no idea why it would do that. I've never had that problem. I'm sure it's some little tiny problem, just something you guys are missing.

L4D isn't like other games, it's very limited because of the way the games are played. Like I said before, I have 2 server working how I want them to. It wasn't rocket science to set them up. I'm not sure what you guys are doing to get these problems.

Double check your config, update the servers, and restart it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:08 am 

If //sv_search_key "uniquename" then only my friends and people,why know about this server,can play on my server or no?
simply if /sv_search_key "" (no uniquename),then my server always is 8/8 players......... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:52 am 
No Longer a Newb

If you have the search key enabled, it's exclusive to people connecting to the server using the search key.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:24 am 

FoulPhil1 wrote:
Google is your friend :lol:

Yes thats right. But some question even google don´t know an answer. shitty technology. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. It´s like an malediction. :lol: :lol:

In the event that something does not leave again, I'm looking I have just simply another web game 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:46 am 

Useful , thanks mate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:51 am 

Cool, consolidates a lot of information into one post, certainly cuts down on my researching. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:16 am 

That's not easy. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: