PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:48 am 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Hi im the Admin(not owner but pay the bills) The owners name will be given if this topic is resolved or can be resolved. Between 3 of us in our clan, we have been with gameservers for over 10 years. Im the admin of vent31.gameservers.com port 4272. I would like the servers location changed. The service from Atlanta is so sub par i cant stand useing the service anymore. When we had our vent servers and even a couple game servers in NY or even chicago or such we had ZERO problems. I would like to continue to use your service but need the location changed. The owner is a Govt employee and ia working 18 hour days 7 days a week to finish a contract in less time so they can get their bonus. He will not be available. He barely has time to eat. Please let me know what you can do for me.

Thanks ill await your reply.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:01 pm 
Offical GameServers Mascot

You'll need the account owner to submit a ticket to look into any network issues you are experiencing or to move the location. It would be rather insecure if any random user could come to the forums and request that "some" random server be moved.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:09 pm 

Hold on, I have all the information for a rep. I AM THE ADMIN, just not the owner. He will not be able to take care of this for atleast 3 months. He is a high level Govt employee and he is working 18hrs 7 days a week until the contract they are working on is done. If the support team here goes to the vent, they will see the word ADMIN after my name, and i have my own signin here but not all the abilities he would have. Im not random and again we are 10 year customers and i would just like some help. Noone is ripping anyone off i just need the location changed.

Any help would be appreciated or when the paid months run out ill go elsewhere for a server but id rather stay here.

My Name In ONEXHARRY on the Vent im on ALL day.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:43 pm 

It would be for the same reason only I can change the subscription information for my account - for security. You have no legal rights to the account from your description.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:13 am 
Frag. Not post.

Burn is correct, only the account owner has the ability to change the location of the server.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:22 pm 

Ya know what, when the sub is up, you lost a 10 year customer and many recomendations. I cant even get better service for a vent i paid the 6 months up front in clanpay for the owner before it ran out last time and alls i get is Only the owner can move it. I really dont know what part of He is A High level Govt employee and can NOT get on for another couple months UNTIL the contract is finished. Figure it out, What could that possibly mean? Its like sequestering a jury get it? Not very good service here anymore. Was sad when i stopped my BF server not long ago, but guess that feeling has changed. Im done with gameservers.com and i will leave a facebook post to the owners wife to tell him if she even sees him that his vent will not be here when he gets back because he made a mistake and didnt give me the rights to keep the service UP TO PAR for our clan and our guild needs. Not my fault the atlanta hub stinks.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:27 pm 

Have a good one

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:05 pm 
Frag. Not post.

If he wanted you to access to his account and control of the servers, he would have given you his password to his account so you could do so. Unfortunately as confirmed by Burn and GS Staff strictly only account owners are able to change settings such as these, it has been that way for a long time and its not going to change for a once off.

Using a support ticket is the quickest and easiest way to get a response to questions

I do not work for or am not associated with Gameservers in any way. All information shared is that of my own knowledge gathered and may not be correct.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:36 am 

I expected to be sent to a server admin area to set up my server, but cannot find it. When I put the username and password into the text boxes at the top of the webpage, I get sent to another login, with the username autofilled. However, entering the password and hitting GO does nothing except reset the login narrative to filled in username and blank password.

Looking for Ventrilo Hosting? Rent your Vent server at GameServers.com!