Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:29 am 
Click my affiliate link

Richard is a great guy..

You can't run Cpanel on Windows anywanys, you need linux. There prices are cheap.

2 days ago I purchased a p4 1.7ghz, 512mb of ram and 5mbps unmetered server from them. It cost me 46$ per month.

they do infact have a 10mbps line and also a 20mbps line. There prices are cheap and are provided by Saidhost.com (who is connect Level3).

If you would like I can tell you how they are in a couple of days.. I ordered my server thursday and they said it would take 24-48 hours to set up. But it is the weekend here and I am not sure if they set up servers on the weekend.

To answer your questions

Yes I do have WHM/cPanel installed. That is how I am able to give out hosting for free. I can assure you that Galaxy-Solutions is no fly by night company and that there prices are so low because they sell so many servers per month.

If I helped you any, please help me out back?
http://www.gameservers.com/?ref=1604528
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:06 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Shib wrote:
Richard is a great guy..

You can't run Cpanel on Windows anywanys, you need linux. There prices are cheap.

2 days ago I purchased a p4 1.7ghz, 512mb of ram and 5mbps unmetered server from them. It cost me 46$ per month.

they do infact have a 10mbps line and also a 20mbps line. There prices are cheap and are provided by Saidhost.com (who is connect Level3).

If you would like I can tell you how they are in a couple of days.. I ordered my server thursday and they said it would take 24-48 hours to set up. But it is the weekend here and I am not sure if they set up servers on the weekend.

To answer your questions

l!

Yes I do have WHM/cPanel installed. That is how I am able to give out hosting for free. I can assure you that Galaxy-Solutions is no fly by night company and that there prices are so low because they sell so many servers per month.

I under stand the operating systems and cpanel quite well1

But I still do not see your package the only thing I could find close would cost 30 dollars just for the hard drive you have !

and I am confused they have unlimited bandwidth 10mbps ofr30 bucks but you say that is impossible and is over sealing I dont understand I guess

Quote:
. I can assure you that Galaxy-Solutions is no fly by night company and that there prices are so low because they sell so many servers per month

I can t believe you said that , that what I said to you like two weeks ago about another company and this was your stance on bandwidth

there way over sold no way they have that band with impossible

I am lost

gives up

carry on

and I not mad or anything, I am just talking here, trying to find good deals on web servers :]

click here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:16 pm 
Click my affiliate link

To find the servers you can click on the right menu

there is a list like this

» Intel P4 Servers
» Intel Celeron Server
» Intel Xeon Servers
» AMD Athlon Servers
» Budget Servers
» Unmetered Servers
» Virtual Private Servers (VPS)
» Dedicated Specials

You can seletct what kind of proccesser you want the server to have.

It is impossible to have unlimited bandwidth but it is possible to have unmetered.

5mbps bandwidth means that you can constantly run 5mbps speeds for the intire month (and it works out to be about 1.5tb of bandwidth). But you are garentee 5mbps. If you are on a shared 100mbps like you can get anywhere from 14tb (if you own the line, it costs about 2k a month in most area). Or you can get capped. When your 100mbps like is capped it means that you can only use X ammont of bandwidth and one you use it up you run out. Unlike a single 5mbps line that you compeltly own and do not share.

They have unmetered servers mean you get your one bandwidth port (5mbps - 10mbps and thats about 1.56tb of bandwidth to 3.2tb of bandwidth).

If you look at the Dual Xeon you can get a 50mbps port (around 255$). That means that you constently get that speed, unlike a shared 100mbps line where you have to share it with other, thus makeing it slower.

It is not my business to say how many servers they sell per month but I can assure you that is quite high.

Oh, and most of there addon prices are set by the Datacenter (saidcom).

REVIEW YOUR FAVORITE GAME SERVER PROVIDER

Thanks!

Post subject: yes
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:25 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Shib wrote:
To find the servers you can click on the right menu

there is a list like this

» Intel P4 Servers
» Intel Celeron Server
» Intel Xeon Servers
» AMD Athlon Servers
» Budget Servers
» Unmetered Servers
» Virtual Private Servers (VPS)
» Dedicated Specials

You can seletct what kind of proccesser you want the server to have.

It is impossible to have unlimited bandwidth but it is possible to have unmetered.

5mbps bandwidth means that you can constantly run 5mbps speeds for the intire month (and it works out to be about 1.5tb of bandwidth). But you are garentee 5mbps. If you are on a shared 100mbps like you can get anywhere from 14tb (if you own the line, it costs about 2k a month in most area). Or you can get capped. When your 100mbps like is capped it means that you can only use X ammont of bandwidth and one you use it up you run out. Unlike a single 5mbps line that you compeltly own and do not share.

They have unmetered servers mean you get your one bandwidth port (5mbps - 10mbps and thats about 1.56tb of bandwidth to 3.2tb of bandwidth).

If you look at the Dual Xeon you can get a 50mbps port (around 255$). That means that you constently get that speed, unlike a shared 100mbps line where you have to share it with other, thus makeing it slower.

It is not my business to say how many servers they sell per month but I can assure you that is quite high.

Oh, and most of there addon prices are set by the Datacenter (saidcom).

I do understand . I hate be throttled
1.5tb a month a play on words, when you it is impossible for companies to give 2000 gb a month at 8 bucks a month

but it is possible to give 1.5tb a month at 17 dollars a month HM but in any case

yes I understand that about the bandwidth , not what I got on the phone.

I asked specifically, if there was a cap on the amount of bandwidth I can use a month, for transfer .

the answer was no! I then clarified the conversation by saying

so if I have 20 customers I can give them all unlimited bandwidth

the answer was yes.

And you get this form all the compines that have these packages .

I still can not find the package you have!
I am trying to clue you in here little on the over selling it is good thing !

As long as you know what you are doing with it ! And no one miss the flight :}

click here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:38 pm 
Click my affiliate link

There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth.

Unmetered bandwidth is possibe.

Kepp in mind they still ahve to proccess the bandwidth.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:01 pm 
No Longer a Newb

I have my own servers with UNMETERED Bandwidth :!:
No Host to go through :!:
No Trouble tickets to fill out and hope someone will get to them :evil:
Dedicate Line - Dedicated IP Addresses :)
I choose what I want to do with it :wink:
Not blocked by some firewall that takes a week of support to get switched. :evil:
I control my firewall

can run anything on my servers I want :D

My setup:

3 servers with the following specs
Dual Xeon 2.8GHz processors
4 Gigs of memory
1 Terabyte of storage per server.
Cpanel/WHM

2 servers with the following specs
Dual Pentium 3.0 GHz processors
2.5 Gigs of memory
300Gigs ( mirrored ) hard drives ( hot swap )
Plesk

I do not have to deal with anyone but myself :!:

I was tired of dealing with hosting companies and having them throttle my sites or blocking ports because of other sites having issues - I have FULL control of everything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:09 pm 
Click my affiliate link

Thats exactly why I bought my server.

To not have to deal with a crouded server.. and I get to manage every part of my server.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:36 pm 
No Longer a Newb

but you said that you are renting it from somewhere -

My servers are three feet from my desk :D

www.fvcgameserver.net

Post subject: lol
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:23 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Shib wrote:
Thats exactly why I bought my server.

To not have to deal with a crouded server.. and I get to manage every part of my server.

answer a question

so 1.5tb of bandwidth to oyu is not over selling ???????????? @ 17 dollars and like I said I called them , like I stated b4 I have many a web serve online right now ! not my first dealings here

and as far as no limits on bandwidth unless your running a ton of radio station um I think it be darn hard to go though 1.5tb

of bandwidth

my question I guess n

how do you compare a company that selling 2000 gig of bandwidth for 8 bucks a month to one that is selling 1.5tb for 17 a month

2000 gig owns there own data center, the one you state dose not over sale has 1.5tb rents there rack space ?

unless you really are giving your space of free but that don't make for a good company unless your running adds or smoothing ?
But I seen on your web site you had pa=lans for sale ???
I am confused need clarity :}}

I can hook you up ryt now with a plan cheaper than what you go not as big hard drive unmetered band with you'll never ever have any issues with it ever you can set up all your customers with unmetered bandwidth ! but usually what I say is you have 1000 gig dont go over or we have a problem none ever has

well one guy was running irc bots I put a end to him :}

just like I called this company like I said your splitting hairs 1.5tb i virtually unlimited

unless you are delaing with

irc
steaming videos , TV station

radio station

things like that

but i seen a radio station just do fine on 10mpbs and do just fine

click here

Last edited by RED gunner on Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:16 pm 
Click my affiliate link

So, I just typed out a large calculation of how it was impossible but there was a forum error. Oh well better do it again.

Ok, so lets start with some basic math invloving bandwidth.

We have our 100mbps port * bandwidth used in 1 min * 60 mins * 24 hours * 30 days (average month)

100 * 750 * 60 * 24 = 1.1TB (or 1080000000000 bytes a day)

Thats 33.3 TB of bandwidth per month.

Now if we well 1TB of 8$ per month that works out to be about 264$ in profit.

Now, the average 100mbps unmetered port costs about 2000$

cost - profit = gain/loss
2000-264 = 1746

So, you will loose 1746$ per month, before buying massive hardrives and before paying staff.

Overselling is alright as long as it is with in reason.

It sickens me that free hosts offer 2tb od bandwidth and 100gb of diskspace.. If you check out freewebspace.net you will see tons and tons of free hosting sites that oversell to the max.

Runner wrote:
but you said that you are renting it from somewhere -

My servers are three feet from my desk :D

Mine is hosted in a Datacenter enviorment to ensure that they can reach there max potential.

Its cool if you host it in your house... as long as your able to make sure everything is running ok and your not providing poor service.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:05 pm 
Frag. Not post.

I know the math , like I said I know web server in and out , php , perl , java , html , xhtml.
plesk , red hat centos , windows . cpnel . Linux, UNIX I give up my brain hurts now :}The list goes on I am able to install all those eon a server have built form the ground up
why are you always bashing other provider's when you yourself host with those same host you despise so much.

it just looks bad when people do that , not professional .

that all am I cur-is of I guess. I don't understand the gain there.

simple

cheers
I am done

I just find it so funny here you say

Quote:
1TB of 8$ per month that works out to be about 264$ in profit.

but yet it is impossible of ra host that owns there own data center to sell 2000 gig of BW a month woo

kinda condescending don't you think\

click here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:29 pm 
Click my affiliate link

What do you mean?

Datacenters cost alot of money. We arn't talkinga bout an individual case, we are talking about the 99% of hosts that oversell to much.

What are you trying to gain from this?

How do you find that funny? I am pointing out that if the host is infact not overselling.

Thanks!

Post subject: k
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:32 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Shib wrote:
What do you mean?

Datacenters cost alot of money. We arn't talkinga bout an individual case, we are talking about the 99% of hosts that oversell to much.

What are you trying to gain from this?

How do you find that funny? I am pointing out that if the host is in fact not overselling.

1TB of 8$ per

how can anyone understand , with out in rational base .

a company selling 2000 gig bw ( you have claimed over sells ) and I know for a fact they own there own data center .

then you Price a host .
and sells
1TB of 8$ per but claim they don't over sale.

I' m just questioning what you said

click here

Last edited by RED gunner on Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:48 am 
Click my affiliate link

Datacenters do not oversell. Datacenters provide there clients with bandwidth. The clients then take that bandwidth and then sell it again once more to somebody to host there websites on.

I find it hard to read your posts.

Thanks!

Post subject: k
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:57 pm 
Frag. Not post.

" Datacenters do not oversell. Datacenters provide there clients with bandwidth."
There are many different reasons to have a data center all are not for the purpose listed above.

For example I am a extremely large web host I build and operate my own data center but I do not resale my bandwidth or space.

I am a extremely large game host provider I build and operate my own data center for the purposes of my company exclusivly

1. you ahve pointed us here http://www.liberty-host.com/forum/ a company if that is what they are ??? I mean to have a web site you have to have post huh ??"but yet all links on Liberty Host are pointing to "Gdshop" as an affiliate ID which is telling me that you are running what you are
bashing??? "

then a second company

Glaxay-solutions.net wutch is a reseller for saidcoms

http://csclanhost.com/viewforum.php?f=8 ... daf6f4dedf

Iin many post you keep saying that companies over sells , we do not , I just finally stopped and tried to figure out what it is your talking about.

I would have to agree that most large companies practice this 1 I really don't mind until I am put on stand by and my next flight is 4 hours away then I am pissed :]

then I have asked you how can you even compare a company that owns their own data center to a resell

a company selling 2000 gig bw ( you have claimed over sells ) and I know for a fact they own their own data center . All for there 200 thousand plus customers.

then you Price a host that barely big enough to rent rack space

and sells
1TB of 8$ per but claim they don't over sale.

I' m just questioning what you said

And trying to figure all this out

never mind I give up :]

click here

Looking for Ventrilo Hosting? Rent your Vent server at GameServers.com!
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next