Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:14 pm 
No Longer a Newb

I have sent you a pm regarding your install method as its unsecure :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:57 pm 
No Longer a Newb

So what are you trying to say ?

That when a normal person trys to install it himself he will inadvertantly leave himself open to what type of security issuse ?

Can you all post a link to a page that explains where a person can get PROPER instalation procedure without the security issuse's ?

Not nice of ya to post that the guy thats helpin people made vulnerablility issues but to just end the post this way leaves a few people that he did help out a little worried, since i was refered here i am now sketical of this good sounding idea.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:52 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

Ice-Pick wrote:
So what are you trying to say ?

That when a normal person trys to install it himself he will inadvertantly leave himself open to what type of security issuse ?

Can you all post a link to a page that explains where a person can get PROPER instalation procedure without the security issuse's ?

Not nice of ya to post that the guy thats helpin people made vulnerablility issues but to just end the post this way leaves a few people that he did help out a little worried, since i was refered here i am now sketical of this good sounding idea.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Well I agree with ya on the way he posted before you. There is an issue with psychostats that is somewhat avoidable, but it's only that way if *someone* doesn't knows what to look for. Which is pretty much true for a lot of security issues. For example, No matter what a person does you cannot hide the user / pw of your mysql DB from someone who knows where to look. That is the same for HLstats as it is for psychostats. Here's the thing, the way he's presenting it is the darkest light possible. *lots* of people run hlstats & psychostats without issue, but there will always be a chance that a punk a$$ kid got pissed off in your server and decides to jack up your website. I think nonono's situation is a reaction to getting hacked, where he went from not caring to much (or not knowing at all) to the completely other side of the spectrum.

So yeah, I do still help people, and I do install psychostats different then the way he's mentioning, but don't let it scare you too much. I can easily make a minor adjustment and install the way he's currently preaching. Although that will still leave your mysql db user / pw "out there" if someone knows where to look for it. But like I said, that is not something that can be changed in either HLstats or Psychostats with the current versions.

If you still want help then send me a PM and I'll discuss that further with you.

|CmD| Camaraderie Public CS:Source Server (100 tick) - 63.211.110.157:27015

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:24 pm 
No Longer a Newb

The origional install manual of psychostats in these forums left people's usernames and passwords for their webspace and server easily viewable by simply changing the url from clan.clanservers.com/stats to clan.clanservers.com/psychostats, this allowed the contents of the psychostats folder and more importantly the stats.cfg downloadable were all the security details are kept. I found this out when i installed psychostats using the origional manual so after talking with the moderators at psychostats we worked out a way of installing it without this security issue, the have approved the install method and posted my manual for others to use here: http://www.psychostats.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13440 with confirmation from the PsychoStats Author.

The reason i did not post the problem was i wanted to tell SocratesGS the problem first as his own clans psychostats install had this issue. I dont blame him at all as if you dont know you cant fix and maybe its because one of our forums got hacked that i check everything regarding security 100%, i also design websites so notice things like this all the time.

Like SocratesGS said he is still installing psychostats and is more than capable so please use him as he provides a good service, i am not preaching a way to install as its the only way psychostats can be installed.

I did post:
Quote:
M8 are you installing the stats like this for people http://forums.clanservers.com/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

The origional method was wrong and had a huge security issue, if you want to see what i mean send me a pm and i will explain

But you replied saying that you dont install this way and brushed it off although on the first page of that post you are asking the guy questions on how to install (i know you did not install the correct way as i downloaded your stats.cfg) , i offered you the chance to pm me so i could explain but as you didnt i got offended as you would rather just ignore what i had to say and charge people money to post their usernames and passwords, thats why i sent you a pm with a copy of your stats.cfg. I agree that if somebody really wants to hack your site its hard to stop them but the security issue was making it so vunerable that even the most basic knowledge of webspace or even google listing you site would create huge problems.
If google lists a site it scans for all pages, as psychostats folder was in public_html and linked to stats it could easily be listed in search results and list the stats.cfg so somebody not even looking would see this information.
Please stop comparing it to the mysql db user / pw, the security issue i mentioned was like putting their details in the phone book and hoping nobody looks were as finding a db username / password involves a lot more knowledge. I repeat my way of installing is the only way it can be installed safely and is the way the author of psychostats wants it installed.

Its not my intention to annoy anybody but i had to say something, i think its best if you start a new post as this looks bad i have said what i needed to say and i have noticed you changed your stats install now to the correct way and hopefully customers from now on so all is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:28 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

This last post just shows that some brits have the tact of a boulder.... rather than just discreetly tell someone they may be making a mistake you decide to braodcast "hey you're screwing up" for everyone on the forum to see. you did it again in the last post. I didn't reply to you because of you're less than socially acceptable manner you chose to educate another person about their mistake. and by the way, you're way is not the only way to install psychostats. It's not even a solution that 100% of the people out there can use. Some people don't have any access for their website other than the public directory. So for them the best solution is to use different naming schemes and then deny directory listing on the website. But hey, I don't care, you can keep shouting how "wrong" I was all day long. Doesn't make a difference to me and you're the only one whose going to get any satisfaction from tarnishing my image. I'm glad I'm above that superficial level where I care what people on the internet think of me.

|CmD| Camaraderie Public CS:Source Server (100 tick) - 63.211.110.157:27015

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:28 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

If you or anyone is still installing this for a fee then I would like to discuss an opportunity to get this installed on our server. PMing has been disabled here, so please email me @ mikesgroovin@gmail.com

Post subject: ummm
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:05 am 
Frag. Not post.

mikesgroovin wrote:
If you or anyone is still installing this for a fee then I would like to discuss an opportunity to get this installed on our server. PMing has been disabled here, so please email me @ mikesgroovin@gmail.com

you need to check the date of the threads ?????

Mar 22, 2006 :P :D :shock:

click here

Post subject: i want your help
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:32 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

yo you can help me let me know how much dude and what you want jimmybrindley@hotmail.co.uk
thanx :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:35 pm 
Click my affiliate link

It was march 2005, See his sig and how he refers to "Clanservers"

User above me, shoot me an e-mail at countershib@hotmail.com and I will be glad to host them and install them for free.

If I helped you any, please help me out back?
http://www.gameservers.com/?ref=1604528
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: i want your help
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:59 pm 
Frag. Not post.

mybig1 wrote:
yo you can help me let me know how much dude and what you want jimmybrindley@hotmail.co.uk
thanx :P

This guy here I personally know he has over 1 Tara bite of space
he knows what he is doing certified in microsoft and a network engineer

mark@fvpc.net

click here

Last edited by RED gunner on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:36 pm 
Click my affiliate link

I have used about 30mb of diskspace for all my logs. You can set psychostats to delete older logs.

And no, I do not change anything for larger plans.

I am hosted with Liberty-Host.com. The owner of that website owns Glaxay-solutions.net, a deticated server reseller for saidcoms. I do trust this owner and I have purchased a deticated server from him.

(and yes I have screen shots of my log directy if you owuld like to see proof).

I can garentee that my hosting is not oversold like a million other hosts. (HostGator, Godady and blue host all over sell).

REVIEW YOUR FAVORITE GAME SERVER PROVIDER

Thanks!

Post subject: well
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:06 am 
Frag. Not post.

Shib wrote:
I have used about 30mb of diskspace for all my logs. You can set psychostats to delete older logs.

I am hosted with Liberty-Host.com. The owner of that website owns Glaxay-solutions.net, a deticated server reseller for saidcoms. I do trust this owner and I have purchased a deticated server from him.

I can garentee that my hosting is not oversold like a million other hosts. (HostGator, Godady and blue host all over sell).

Well I use to make stats for free now all I have time for is websites that keeps me outta trouble

I am just curious of your Dael here cause I get lots of people asking for stats and If I send them to you want to make sure there OK

This so far the best guy I have found so cheap peoples mouth will drop lol

mark@fvpc.net

I checked out that

liberty host I dont get it you have to post so many times to get a site with adds on it I do not quite get it ?

1.so they have cpanel with you?

2.acess to sql?

3.acess to back ups ??

thanks

p.s

I tried this and there awesome

http://www.bluehost.com/awards.html

http://startlogic.com/

is jumping out there though :}
=====================================================================================
As far as overselling I think you should check Galaxy out they have unlimited bandwidth but since they are on a 5mbps I can kinda understand that !

as far as ever selling goes I take those words with a grain of salt it matters little and should matter little when deciding a host to use

click here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:00 am 
No Longer a Newb

Shib wrote:

ok I have some questions as well:

when I go out to liberty host and look at some of the features - I notice that the links are pointing to "gdshop" which is part of "Godaddy"

It looks like you are buying your hostiing through someone else that is a reseller of "Godaddy"

You said you don't over sell your hosting like other such as "Godaddy" but yet all links on Liberty Host are pointing to "Gdshop" as an affiliate ID which is telling me that you are running what you are bashing???

Not saying you have a bad deal going on - but you need to investigate - If you dig deep enough you will find that you are actually hosted through the company you feel that is "overselling"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:22 am 
Click my affiliate link

I am pretty my hosting isn't a re-seller for go dady.

The domain was bought from GoDaddy but the server is hosted in PA (bought from Galaxy-Solutions.net).

Our server specs are

Processor #1 Name: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+
Memoey: 512mb (450 avalible)
HardDisk: 300gb

I am almost100% sure that the server was not bought or owned by GoDaddy.

but w/e... it dosn't matter.

REVIEW YOUR FAVORITE GAME SERVER PROVIDER

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:58 am 
Frag. Not post.

Shib wrote:
I am pretty my hosting isn't a re-seller for go dady.

The domain was bought from GoDaddy but the server is hosted in PA (bought from Galaxy-Solutions.net).

Our server specs are

Processor #1 Name: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+
Memoey: 512mb (450 avalible)
HardDisk: 300gb

I am almost100% sure that the server was not bought or owned by GoDaddy.

but w/e... it dosn't matter.

so I guess that my question
you have whm then

giving

cpanel?

access to sql / php admin ?

access to backups ?

and access to dns server?

that all my question is I guess!

I honestly tied with galaxy I don't see the one your talking about and how much bandwidth you getting >?

but they kept changing things on me ! all the ones , I tried to buy said sold out

then I called she like oo yea give me 5 minutes I will change that ,windows was like 30 dollars,cpanel was like 11
Then I told her what I wanted " cpanel with whm " Unlimited
bandwidth (witch I don't understand cause you bashed that so much confused) then I went to buy it
and the prices flopped
windows was 11 dollars and cpanel was 35 dollars lol weirdest thing I ever seen :}
confused
I am always looking for good deals on web servers :]]]
the 5mbps I wish they have something little better though , that make me nervous

I mean I am just talking to you hear!

What I do here is pretty much free but I do make company sites , and mange them all year for them :}}} So I am always in a need of good deals like this

===================================================================================
As far as dedicated game servers I myself thank clan server has the market on premium bandwidth ! I talked to many companies I am sick of talking 2

I am savings my pennies to pay a year for there box I wish someone go halves with em :}

click here

Last edited by RED gunner on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Looking for Ventrilo Hosting? Rent your Vent server at GameServers.com!
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next