Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:32 pm 
Click my affiliate link

What kind of company owns a Datacenter?

Datacenters cost lots of money to operate (secruity, generators, power, tech support and yes, they still have to buy bandwidth and fiber wire).

Yes, you have found my plans. I am not overselling and I can afford to give out that much space.

If a company owned a datacenter and used it for hosting it would still loose money by selling 2000gb of bandwidth (or 2TB) for 8$ because they can't afford to purchase bandwidth for that.

If I helped you any, please help me out back?
http://www.gameservers.com/?ref=1604528
Thanks!

Post subject: well
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:35 pm 
Frag. Not post.

"
Quote:
Datacenters do not oversell. Datacenters provide there clients with bandwidth."
There are many different reasons to have a data center all are not for the purpose listed above.

For example I am a extremely large web host I build and operate my own data center but I do not resale my bandwidth or space.
I am a extremely large game host provider I build and operate my own data center for the purposes of my company exclusivly

1. you ahve pointed us here http://www.liberty-host.com/forum/ a company if that is what they are ??? I mean to have a web site you have to have post huh ??"but yet all links on Liberty Host are pointing to "Gdshop" as an affiliate ID which is telling me that you are running what you are
bashing??? "

then a second company

Glaxay-solutions.net wutch is a reseller for saidcoms

http://csclanhost.com/viewforum.php?f=8 ... daf6f4dedf

Iin many post you keep saying that companies over sells , we do not , I just finally stopped and tried to figure out what it is your talking about.

I would have to agree that most large companies practice this 1 I really don't mind until I am put on stand by and my next flight is 4 hours away then I am pissed :]

then I have asked you how can you even compare a company that owns their own data center to a resell

a company selling 2000 gig bw ( you have claimed over sells ) and I know for a fact they own their own data center . All for there 200 thousand plus customers.

then you Price a host that barely big enough to rent rack space

and sells
1TB of 8$ per but claim they don't over sale.

I' m just questioning what you said

And trying to figure all this out

never mind I give up :]

# bluehost.com happens to own and operate their own data center

I suggest you take the time to learn about data centers

[color=orange]a physical structure, usually a stand-alone building, that is designed to house a multiplicity of computers. Data centers can be private, serving a single company or, more commonly, a public “utilityâ€

click here

Last edited by RED gunner on Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:30 am 
Click my affiliate link

If you have a 10mbps unmetered bandwidth line you can only physically push out 3.2tb of bandwidth. Its not possibly becuase if its constantly 10mbps there arn't enough seconds in a day/month to get more.

You are not the only one that can install websites. It is very easy to install php-nuke and slap a free template on from somewhere.

but I understand your a business man so carry on.

REVIEW YOUR FAVORITE GAME SERVER PROVIDER

Thanks!

Post subject: for
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:00 pm 
Frag. Not post.

I'm tired of trying to teach you.

free web templates indeed

Quote:
I make those themes,

But I guess it goes to show, something of a negative .

========================================================================================

See here why I stopped. and tried to get answer I read bashing , it-her someone or a company

for example

comment totally unrelated to anything in the thread , nothing in the way of any help or relative to any conversation.

http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic ... c&start=75

the hole thread is about free web sites I have made, I tried to confine it all to one post thread = because in the post in became a problem with everyone filling this section up with hey red gunner . tos had nothing to do with anything .It was just negative comment out of the blue .

=====================================================================================

I guess that my hole thing here , don't say anything unless it something nice .

Its really not necessary in business , quite the opposite in fact help your competitors out as much as you can .

click here

Last edited by RED gunner on Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:40 pm 
Click my affiliate link

It was about clans.net

They are owned by GS and they advertise unlimited bandwidth. Yet in there TOS there is this

Code:
We reserve the right to limit the amount of bandwidth used. 

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:28 am 
No Longer a Newb

Quote:
I guess that my hole thing here , don't say anything unless it something nice .

Its really not necessary in business , quite the opposite in fact help your competitors out as much as you can .

What planet are you from? Helping out your competitors means you lose business. At least, that's how it works in the real world.

BTW Shib, it's pointless to argue any point with RED GUNNER. When you make points that contradict what RED GUNNER says, he/she simply goes back to his/her original posts and edits them to read "muahahahahahaha". Like in this example ...

http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic ... 4044#74044

Post subject: k
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:36 am 
Frag. Not post.

well with what ever the links to I say for the viewer to read the whole thing I am sure they'll see a different take.

well the muhahahah; it's just a pointless task trying to teach someone that just trying to argue .pointless

I am no t really honestly trying to argue with shib , I just know where he is at because at one time I was there too.
And just talking with him he seems to be really inelegant , and one day hell go ooo that what RED was talking about, if he sticks with his task he under taken.

as far as teaching I am done no reason to post back either you get it or you do not

I will try to explain this one time one time only

1.Iuse to own in my 20s a concrete company did really good! (b4 I left the usnr to go usn)

2.I knew about all the competing in town as my uncle was a third generation business

3.I helped most of my competitors of loan of equipment and or labor@ As much as I could

(its a little different sitting here talking to a community and talking this host or that , or I hate this site ,,not really been my point my point was like you just done just out of the blue a bash go figure)

In the long run I was one the most respected business out there , my competitors always looked to me first if they had to much work
they always gave it to me.

One day I took chance and poured a 100 yard drive way with, a chance of rain!

well sure enough boom, here it was rain, I would have lost my butt except.

a competitor drove by, He saw I was in trouble he ,calls like 6 of his men ot come out and help me.

Then another competitor called me up asking how I was doing he had heard I poured .

he sends me 4 guys and himself!

at the end of the day, I only lost about 3 yards of cement at the bottom .

I took out my check book to pay them for their men and help

they both refused the money .I tried in vain to get them to take it no good would not hear of it!

latter that year I had a chance to repay both of those men, not with money but with my services.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes there are still business out there that have good values and old fashioned principles

in writing this it saddens me, you could not see that point , what a truly friendless world that must be not, be able to have the character or trust to understand a situation like that= I doubt you see the benefit of em giving the money back to this company after they made a mistake they would nevr never caught its a shame.

-----------------------------------

and yes in web hosting it happens as well just like I explained!

IN one word

good day

click here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:28 am 
No Longer a Newb

You're coming across as very idealistic. In a perfect world things like what you describe do happen; this is not a perfect world unfortunately.

I think you'd be able to drive your point home better if you had some kind of supportive evidence, like an email from one of the companies you've helped, or that's helped you. Otherwise, it sounds like you're just making it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:34 am 
No Longer a Newb

Why is everyone beating this post to death????

It sounds to me like a flaming war.

The point is this:

Shib is offering FREE hosting - Red Gunner is questioning him as to what it includes. From Shib's description of his offer it sounds a little lite on storage area - Also from the description of hes server specs - it sounds as though if he is going to allow "Cron Jobs" that his server will cap out on processing power and lag the sites he is hosting.

I guess I would call this post dead - as it keeps getting off track from the original post of "psychostats Installation"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:54 am 
Frag. Not post.

Runner wrote:
Why is everyone beating this post to death????

It sounds to me like a flaming war.

The point is this:

Shib is offering FREE hosting - Red Gunner is questioning him as to what it includes. From Shib's description of his offer it sounds a little lite on storage area - Also from the description of hes server specs - it sounds as though if he is going to allow "Cron Jobs" that his server will cap out on processing power and lag the sites he is hosting.

I guess I would call this post dead - as it keeps getting off track from the original post of "psychostats Installation"

agredd

I dont think shib going ot answer any question I got dizzy long time ago

latter done with the thread

click here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:34 am 
Click my affiliate link

What was the quetion Red Gunner?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:47 am 
Frag. Not post.

Everyone shutup!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:15 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Hi guys, going back to the original topic, does Psychostats have an install process like a one click install?

Looking for Ventrilo Hosting? Rent your Vent server at GameServers.com!