Post subject: Bandwith
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:32 pm 
No Longer a Newb

How many bandwith is limited on free hosting with gameserver?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:47 pm 
No Longer a Newb

does it matter its free...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:56 pm 
No Longer a Newb

It matter because i use it for fast download...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:27 pm 
Frag. Not post.

In the FREE package you only get 2.5 GB's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:34 pm 
Click my affiliate link

pretty sure its 1gb,

100mb of ds and 1gb of bw?

anyways, regardless it isn't enought for fast download.. for my superhero server I use about 30gb per month.

If I helped you any, please help me out back?
http://www.gameservers.com/?ref=1604528
Thanks!

Post subject: yea
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:55 am 
Frag. Not post.

yea your not going to be able to get very many maps on that

click on my domain thing down there check this out

50 Gigabyte Hosting Space
999 GIGS of Transfer

click here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:56 pm 
Click my affiliate link

That is so much oversold red gunner, I can't even belive that people buy that.. But it is cheap and you get lots of what you need..

Hostgator is good for me :)

REVIEW YOUR FAVORITE GAME SERVER PROVIDER

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:09 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Quote:
Shib"]That is so much oversold red gunner, I can't even belive that people buy that.. But it is cheap and you get lots of what you need..

I am not quite sure what your talking about over head ?

Who I suggest strongly
You get every thing you could possibly need they teamed up with wild wild west also on the domain registration's. you also have the relaxation knowing you have a pro support team to help you with things at no charge what so ever.

I just contacted host gator live support . I asked them" if I had a back up of a data base if there support would restore it"T hey "said they charge 15 dollars"

[color=red]rich: os if I had a back up I need restored of say a data base would you do that for me
Brian: absolutely
Brian: we do charge $15 to do so
Brian: please check out http://www.hostgator.com/restore.php

Host gator only makes weekly and monthly and again they charge you for doing the restore

but comparing the companies ,you do not even start out at host gator at the 6.95 level with a fraction of what you get at blue host
at host gator on their cheapest package you run out of bandwidth so fast ! = 6.95 really they do not have a offer of the bandwidth need form a good clan ! the only thing host gator has that come close would cot you 14.95 dollars a month then .SO to even to start to compare you have to pay twice as much at host gator??The only thing is they offer a larger disk space but I promise you that you never use 50 gigs of disk space anyway

the bandwidth is the comity here

and again you pay $14.95 twice as much at hostgator to even start to get the same plan ?

plus
really having a gaming clan I would never even consider a host under 15 gigs just to many maps !
side by side hands down blue host is differently better support cost size machines
#1 by all the reviews magazine fast growing . I have had them for almost two years never a day problems
you know I do take that back I did have a problem one of my member accidentally deleted my data base I called them they had it restored in 5 minutes !
another thing I like about them is they have 24 hour phone support they make 24hr and weekly and 30 day back ups if anything happens they will restore it! For free

If you need or having issues getting a program running you can email RICK or Aleen and they will be more than happy to help both of those guys are X executive of Microsoft yup yup MAny time they will on the phone suport try right there to egt it running for you again all free of charge!

Hands down for a gaming site all the way up to a company sit I would pick blue host

for gaming I would only go with blue host or game server as neither one of these two providers charge for there support!

I hope this helps you out !

click here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:59 pm 
Click my affiliate link

How do you expect that can provide 999gb of bw? That isn't possible for that ammount of money.

But I see your point with the back ups and such.

Thanks!

Post subject: ok
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:46 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Shib wrote:
How do you expect that can provide 999gb of bw? That isn't possible for that ammount of money.

But I see your point with the back ups and such.

sure it is possible , NOW HOSTING OVER 215,000 thousand DOMAINS domaine registered to them ?
In 6 months they have doubled thier size

But a word of caution I see your line of thinking and there are a lot of reesellers ryt form host gators or go daddy that offer band-with they don't have cause they know none will use even close to 1000 gigs
clanserver" s they have best servers at 1.99 a slot while other charge 5 dolalrs a slot !
kinda like the old bull and the young bull !
the young bull will run up the hill to screw one cow
while the older bull will walk up the hill to get all the cows
This is not a fly by night company, promise you that :) :wink: :!:

changed things , even a better deal now
200 Gigabyte Hosting Space (NEW!)
Host 6 Domains on 1 Account!!!
2,500 POP/Imap Email Accounts
2,000 GIGS of Transfer = bandwith

click here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:58 pm 
Click my affiliate link

Thats great but still, I know they have been around for a while (I have read some reviews and I had herd about it before from searching). They still oversell to damn much! lol...

Thanks!

Post subject: lol
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:05 pm 
Frag. Not post.

I am having problems finding logic, I guess I do not understand ! sorry :? I suppose the only conclusion I can draw form the debate here is it-her you love them or hate them! ''

But sir you a scholar and a saint been fun - hard to find some one on these forums mature enough to have there ideas challenged with out getting angry niceto have meet you and I hope we become friends here

anything you need help with just drop me a line

The days of yahoo and companies like that overcharging for web hosting, support null to none or charging for such is quickly and not quietly coming to an end! Just way to competitive!Web hosting is the number one business that you'll find they pay 1 cent and charge 1 dollar for the same ! But people are becoming smarter more informed !

I would love to find a better deal as of yet not been able too!

click here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:35 am 
Click my affiliate link

I find it really hard to read your post. The grammer is so poor and sometimes dead ended. I said that they oversold to much meaning that they sell more then what they have.

Lets say that there server have 6x 72gb hds (normal size), and a t1 connection NOT shared.

That would mean that they could sell out 8 accounts with 50gb of storage.
For the bandwitdth (Probably a T1 connection) they have a maximum of 14tb (or 14 000gb). This means that they could only give out 14 accounts with 1tb of bandwidth.

Because T1 costs about 5k a month, Server probably some where for 300 a month and then paying support staff and such I am sure that they can't afford to give out exactly what is posted.

That might have been hard to understand for you but I am sure its safe to say they can't possibly give you 50gb of space and 1tb of bw and make a profit.

They do how ever oversell.
Info on overselling: http://whreviews.com/overselling-hosting.htm

And yes, I am young but I am mature for my age.

Thanks!

Post subject: k
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:27 am 
Frag. Not post.

I have things going on that I can not help! \(grammar, spelling)Don't let it fool you though.

Host-gators (according to your article) dose the vary same thing , [/color]i.
your article also says! "My opinion is that overselling is OK if it's being done carefully and based on experience, real, meaningful statistical data. So I would not rule out companies that are overselling as long as they do it right. Searching for "non-overselling" web hosting companies would also make it very hard to find a host.
Because most of the costs are mirrored in the price/data transfer ratio, by calculating it, we can roughly estimate how much overselling is in place. Luckily, bandwidth can only be so cheap, and that helps the approximations."

cpanel allows You too have 1 account access more than one server !
your assuming a lot here!What they pay? who their provider is ? how big their machines are? How much space they have ?
All one can do is look how large a comapny is , how long they been around reviews ect. So your not using a little fly by night reseller! (that gives 100 megs away and then really hit you on a larger package) !

It is given companies do this.That's what I meant their not a fly by night company.I really doubt anyone would have issues with it!but what I am not going to do is pay that exuberant price .!

that is what I mean the days of these small reseller over pricing or large companies like yahoo are coming to an end!
I understand what you talking about (Now that you wrote more than two lines ). like I said "Host gator dose same thing why be willing to pay more for it" . what I meant " I am having issues finding logic"
I am not going to pay for support !why would you you be willing to send people form a community to a provider like that?" I am having issues finding logic"

click here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:51 pm 
Click my affiliate link

I see now what you mean.

"Host gator dose same thing why be willing to pay more for it"

That really cleared things up for me. I hope we can end this and both assume that Blue Host is a good hosting company. I also have learned alot about Blue Host from this debate.

Thanks!

Looking for Ventrilo Hosting? Rent your Vent server at GameServers.com!