Post subject: Re: UT redirect servers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:46 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Please open a ticket if you are having issues with our redirect.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:07 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Can you use one FTP for more than one game. I want to use the FTP for my UT2004 and UT3 server.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:10 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Captain_Tea wrote:
Can you use one FTP for more than one game. I want to use the FTP for my UT2004 and UT3 server.

I'm not really sure what you are asking here. Can you elaborate a bit more?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:12 pm 
No Longer a Newb

[gs] devicenull wrote:
Captain_Tea wrote:

I currently rent 3 servers that use a redirect. Would I need to rent 3 redirects (one for each server) or just one redirect to use for all 3 servers?

sorry I said FTP, I meant redirect :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:29 pm 
No Longer a Newb

I have a couple of personal UT3 redirect sites up and work fine. With the gameservers supplied redirect I was wondering if the files were compressed or not to .uz3. How should this be acknowledged in the utgame.ini?
Compressed: True or false?

Thanks
http://www.masscasualty.us/uz3Warfare/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:31 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Captain_Tea wrote:
[gs] devicenull wrote:
Captain_Tea wrote:

I currently rent 3 servers that use a redirect. Would I need to rent 3 redirects (one for each server) or just one redirect to use for all 3 servers?

sorry I said FTP, I meant redirect :oops:

Unfortunately to my knowledge you can list only one redirect URL per game instance. Your best bet to only run one redirect server would be to initate a multigametype server by allowing all gametypes to be votable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:46 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Well I just got redirect :? Some stuff will download very fast other things d/l very slow like 5-10 min slow. I put in a help ticket but so far no luck w/ a fix :( I can get slow d/l when on server during map change as well as when I first connect to the server :?:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:46 pm 
No Longer a Newb

What your witnessing is probably the percentage rate going slower. This is most likely the result of a very large files. Some mods are ridiculous in size and can appear to be dl'ing slow when in reality it may be the file size thats the culprit.

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:14 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

You guys know ut-files hosts a free redirect server, similar to the one gameservers used to have.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:12 am 

Hello,

i have autoredirect for my Server. But its loading very slow.
I have nothing done with redirect, i though its its works from allone.

Help please:)

-mimo-

Post subject: queue?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:18 pm 

I realize the system has been up for years, but I was wondering if it does in fact have a queue because despite deleting and reuploading UT2004 files to the ftp instead of replacing them, the upload either doesn't "take" with the redirect server or is placed in a queue. It does seem to eventually take but I'd still like to know if there is a queue system and how long on average it takes files to be converted, or however it works.

This is obviously not an urgent issue as the game is so old, so I didn't feel it was necessary to open a ticket when maybe a non-staff member might have experience with this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 pm 
Frag. Not post.

There is no "queue". Every hour the redirect compares it's files to the ones on the actual game server. If they differ, then the old content is removed from the redirect. Generally, this means that if you change any file on your game server (and don't rename it), it can take up to 1-1.5 hours before the change is visible on your redirect.

The simplest workaround for this would be to give each file a unique name when you upload it to the game server (perhaps include a version number). This would completely eliminate the delay.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:33 pm 

Okay, thank you very much for the prompt reply, although version numbers aren't possible due to patching a mod on a semi-regular basis. Noted though, and thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:07 pm 

Hello. I'm new here, and I have a question about the UT2004 redirect I'm using. I'm running a Land of the Dead: RTFG server with another server company, but I'm using a redirect from Game Servers. I have achieved some success in getting the redirect to work properly, with the exception of .dz files. I'm guessing it's because UT2004 compresses dzs, while LOTD does not. Is there a fix for this, or would a redirect for an older version of UT be an option? I realize the game isn't supported by Game Servers, but it is an Unreal Engine game, so I'm hoping someone can at least point me to a possible solution. Thanx.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:05 pm 

[gs] devicenull wrote:
There is no "queue". Every hour the redirect compares it's files to the ones on the actual game server. If they differ, then the old content is removed from the redirect. Generally, this means that if you change any file on your game server (and don't rename it), it can take up to 1-1.5 hours before the change is visible on your redirect.

The simplest workaround for this would be to give each file a unique name when you upload it to the game server (perhaps include a version number). This would completely eliminate the delay.

This 1 to 1.5 hour period does not seem to be the case with my servers. This seems to very much like an old utility called RSC by brainless. In my case, it doesn't seem to be working quite right. I have files posted to servers 10 days ago that are still downloading directly from the game server instead of a redirect/at high speed. I put in a ticket about this a few days back and the tech told me, as best as I could interpret, that the files had to be downloaded from the game server once so they would synchronize. Kind of defeats the purpose in having a redirect :( and doesn't seem to match what you are saying above. Correct me where I am wrong: User uploads file(s) and files D/L at high speed in two hours or less? This is most definitely not what's happening in my experience.

Server IPs are 68.232.162.207 and 68.232.162.210

Rent your own UT 2004 server at location near you!