It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:55 pm
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:49 pm
No Longer a Newb

- I can not get the vote for nextmap or kick player option away out my server. Tried already to set the allowvote setting in the server config at 0 but no effect. Anyone knows how to do that? (update: Fixed)

- Our server runs hardcore domination but now everytime when someone gets killed he has to wait 10 seconds before he can rejoin. What setting do i need to change to make this off?

- Then there is another problem is with balancing teams. I went in alot dedicated servers and also in my own server where the teams are sometimes 2 - 8. No auto balance option that i could find. How can i make it so that people are forced to auto join team or that there is any balancing option? (update: Fixed thnx to adding seta scr_teambalance "1" in server_config file)

Hope someone can help me with this. Thnx.

Last edited by mrsholdra on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Looking for Call of Duty: Blackops Dedicated Servers? Find them exclusively at GameServers.com!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 pm
What's Frag Mean?

ty the find function (ctrl+f) in the dsr look for vote, respawn or any other dvr/cmd you might need to tweak.
the idea some one gave earlier (i can't remember who it was) to use the ingame private match set up; and copy and paste might work also (at least for the voting part) i seem to remember seeing that in the list. not sure about auto balance (you would think by now they would think of that before release) but with that much dete to sift through the find funtion is your best bet :)

CLICK HERE If you would like to rent a MW3 or Black ops server from GameServers.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:25 pm
No Longer a Newb

Once you change the server.cfg file u need to restart. When restarting check to see if your server is up id not after a few mins try again.

All other cfg files SHOULD reload with a map cycle.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:00 am
No Longer a Newb

Ok im about to get crazy. Vote system is now off... But still the problem with the 10 seconds spawn delay. I made the config file new in the game setup like you told me... When hardcore is off the spawn delay is gone. As soon as i put hardcore dom on the spawn delay is there again. When i look in the config it also says: gameOpt commonOption.respawnDelay "0.0000" // [ 0, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 30 ] but still after restarting server a thousand times everytime when someone gets shot they have to wait 10 seconds before they can spawn back in game. Is this a bug? Or do i have to change some more settings?

I see now that im not the only one with this problem. Went in 7 differend hardcore domination servers and they all got that 10 seconds delay after you got killed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:23 am
What's Frag Mean?

beats the hell out of me ...O_o

CLICK HERE If you would like to rent a MW3 or Black ops server from GameServers.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:17 am
GameServers.com Forum Newb

I Have the same Problem on my Hardcore Headquarter Server -.-* it sucks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:00 pm
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Nobody has a guide of server settings? It´s incredible. You have a server but yuo don´t have a guide to configure it.

Does anybody has any information about config files? Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:16 pm
No Longer a Newb

Hi,

Go into steam console log in with pw,then try set_sv allowvote "0"
Make sure it is 0 in dsr also at the gs console.
Then get on server and try to vote for map change, it should pop up that voting has been disabled.
You will still see the option to vote but it wont work.
Don't remember if I used a / or not,try it both ways.
good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:34 am
No Longer a Newb

Vote problem is fixed. Now the 2 big problems with unbalanced teams all the time and hardcore modes that give 10 second waiting time by every kill.... I spoke with a few server owners and non of them is able to delete this option. How can this be reported to fourzerotwo or who ever is the contact person for problems with the game? On the official forum its not more able to register, steam forums are offline and on twitter he never answers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:40 am
What's Frag Mean?

i need to figure out howto lose the stinking KILL icon in CTF; anyone got a clue?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:02 am
No Longer a Newb

yes Auto balance would be nice as well as a ping kicker or some way to stop high latency connections from even occurring
im getting tiered of dieing constantly while kicking international players that join with 500+ ping

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:55 am
No Longer a Newb

May help:

http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php/Call_of_Duty_8:_Servers

Dedicated Unranked Server Setup
    Dedicated Unranked Server Files
    Game options list for Recipe *WIP*
    Default Playlist / Map Rotation
    Default Server Config
    Extra Server Dvars
    Common Server issues
    Rcon Setup & Commands
    Rcon/Query Tool 3rd Party
    Patches *NEW*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:55 pm
No Longer a Newb

nice one, thanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:31 pm
No Longer a Newb

the only way i managed to loose the 10 sec respawn for hardcore was to make recipies in softcore and change the health to miniscule and turn off minimap,, i tried everyhting as hardcore is default of 10 secs if you alter it to any other value like -1 server picks it up on restart and auto loads default 10 secs, i tried it for hours on loads of settings, gave up an changed health on softcore and it works fine,, will do for now uintil more commands are unlocked or figured out

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:38 am
No Longer a Newb

smokedit wrote:
the only way i managed to loose the 10 sec respawn for hardcore was to make recipies in softcore and change the health to miniscule and turn off minimap,, i tried everyhting as hardcore is default of 10 secs if you alter it to any other value like -1 server picks it up on restart and auto loads default 10 secs, i tried it for hours on loads of settings, gave up an changed health on softcore and it works fine,, will do for now uintil more commands are unlocked or figured out

I did exactly the same with my server. hours long i worked to get it fixed but no succes. So i put softcore on with the same bullet damage as in hardcore. But people know our server from blops and know we only play hardcore so as soon as they go in our server there is alot crying going on. I hope they fix this hardcore bug soon.

auto balance problem is fixed now. Thnx alot Matrix exist!