Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next
 Post subject: Re: Blackops Log Access
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:28 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Hi, I just stumbled across this thread, some very useful info here I must say.
Is there any other source where the information here is posted in a more complete way? I'm talking about the format of the action log entries (kills, damage, weapon pickups, etc).

I have a couple questions though: how do I see that a player was killed by:
- Exploding vehicle/barrel (this should count as a kill to the player who made the vehicle explode, do I have that information in the log?)
- Fall damage
- Impact damage (impact by grenade, flash/stun/frag, arrow, grenade launcher, etc, and can I distinguish between these types of impact damages? Also do I see who caused the impact, who gets the kill?)

Thanks for any information on this matter :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:39 pm 

How can I access without password in Blackops server?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:34 pm 
No Longer a Newb

how do you mean?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:10 pm 
No Longer a Newb

The logs appear to be running with a 5 second timeout! even though this link http://logs.gameservers.com/timeout

says it 2 seconds

Any chance we can get it back to 2 seconds?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:18 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Alandw wrote:
The logs appear to be running with a 5 second timeout! even though this link http://logs.gameservers.com/timeout

says it 2 seconds

Any chance we can get it back to 2 seconds?

Sorry, that got reset when we were doing some software upgrades today. It has been corrected.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:42 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Would be nice to be told when these upgrades were happening in future

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:55 pm 
Frag. Not post.

rosstafarian wrote:
Would be nice to be told when these upgrades were happening in future

It's not really feasible for us to notify everyone whenever we are performing upgrades, as we often upgrade our control panel and associated software several times per day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:14 pm 
No Longer a Newb

How about things to do with log access - its a nightmare when we at sCon get spammed by customers on steam asking why it isnt working - Although Copy and Paste comes in handy lol.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:59 pm 

Hello All,

I have a programmer working on some custom tools for our servers and need the log file format. I have searched extensively and have not found anything solid, bits and pieces everywhere. I'm aware that a lot of information may be self explanatory, but would it be possible for one of you kind ladies and gentlemen to provide as much info on this as possible? and/or point me in the right direction?

It would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank You...!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:57 pm 

Hi,
i don't see any "View Log URL" button that grant me access on log file. I just have a "Get Logs" link that redirects me to an IFrame.
This is Iframe is empty because my server doesn't log.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:54 am 

WarriorII wrote:
Hello All,

I have a programmer working on some custom tools for our servers and need the log file format. I have searched extensively and have not found anything solid, bits and pieces everywhere. I'm aware that a lot of information may be self explanatory, but would it be possible for one of you kind ladies and gentlemen to provide as much info on this as possible? and/or point me in the right direction?

It would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank You...!

You're in luck, I recently compiled a small reference guide (for myself but for others too if asked).

The log files contains what I like to call 'server events'. Most of the lines in the log file consist of a timestamp, indicating when the event took place, and info about the event itself.

The possible events are:
- Join (when a player joins)
- Quit (when a player quits)
- Say (when a player uses the chat)
- TeamSay (when a player uses the team-chat)
- Damage (when a player takes damage)
- Kill (when a player is killed)
- Vehicle Damage (when a killstreak vehicle takes damage)
- Weapon pickup (when a player picks up a weapon or scavenger packet)

Each of these events is coded and contains the data relevant for that event. Here's the format for every event except the vehicle damage event (I'm not sure about that one as I've never used it):
Code:
Event         Data format
---------------------------
Join         J;<guid>;<cid>;<name>
Quit         Q;<guid>;<cid>;<name>
Say            say;<guid>;<cid>;<name>;<msg>
TeamSay         teamsay;<guid>;<cid>;<name>;<msg>
Damage         D;<v guid>;<v cid>;<v team>;<v name>;<a guid>;<a cid>;<a team>;<a name>;<a weapon>;<dmg>;<dmg_type>;<dmg_location>
Kill         K;<v guid>;<v cid>;<v team>;<v name>;<a guid>;<a cid>;<a team>;<a name>;<a weapon>;<dmg>;<dmg_type>;<dmg_location>
Weapon pickup   Weapon;<guid>;<cid>;<name>;<weapon>
Vehicle Damage   VD;????

Placeholders:

Placeholder      Meaning
------------------------
<guid>         The unique GUID of the player
<cid>         The client ID (1-18) of the player in this session
<name>         The name of the player
<msg>         The message in a say or teamsay event. Note: messages always start with a NAK symbol or something, you'll want to ignore the first character

<dmg>         The amount of damage
<dmg_type>      Type of damage (MOD_PISTOL_BULLET, MOD_RIFLE_BULLET, MOD_SUICIDE, MOD_IMPACT, MOD_HEAD_SHOT, etc)
<dmg_location>   Location of the hit (left_hand, head, torso_upper, etc)

<team>         The team of the player (either 'axis' or 'allies')
<weapon>      The code of the weapon used (see weapons.txt)

For Damage and Kill events:
<v guid>       GUID of victim
<a guid>      GUID of attacker
<v cid>         Client ID of victim
<a cid>         Client ID of attacker
<v name>      Name of vicitm
<a name>      Name of attacker
<a weapon>      Weapon of attacker (weapon of victim is not recorded)

The formatting is screwed up a little when posting in forum so I've attached this file, along with weapons and attachments text files, so you can download them and view them better.

The weapons.txt file contains a list of all the weapons I've come across in my testing (this includes exploding cars, the bomb in sabotage, etc). Each weapon has a Code by which it is referred to in the log file events.
The same goes for attachments, they have a code.

When a weapon appears in a log file event, the attachment(s) are combined into the name in the following format:
Code:
<weapon>_mp     (no attachment)
<weapon>_<attachment>_mp    (1 attachment)
<weapon>_<attachment1>_<attachment2>_mp   (2 attachments)
<attachment>_<weapon>_mp     (kill by attachment, only grenade launcher, flamethrower or underbarral shotgun

As you can see, a kill by a grenade launcher for example places the attachment before the weapon. For example, if you use an AK47 with Flamethrower and kill someone using your AK47 bullets, the code displayed is "ak47_ft_mp". If however you use your flamethrower to kill someone, the code is "ft_ak47_mp".

For attachments, there is one exception: the dual wield attachment. Since the dual wield guns are separate models they get their own code, which is simply the weapon name with 'dw' at the end. There is NO underscore to separate them! So a python with dual wield looks like "pythondw_mp" and NOT "python_dw_mp". Took me forever to figure this out ;)

Here's the weapons:
Code:
Name                          |Code                               |Is Primary?    |Class
-----------------------------------------------
M16                           |m16                                |y              |AR
M14                           |m14                                |y              |AR
Enfield                       |enfield                            |y              |AR
Famas                         |famas                              |y              |AR
AK-47                         |ak47                               |y              |AR
AUG                           |aug                                |y              |AR
Commando                      |commando                           |y              |AR
FN FAL                        |fnfal                              |y              |AR
G11                           |g11                                |y              |AR
Galil                         |galil                              |y              |AR
AK-74u                        |ak74u                              |y              |SMG
MAC 11                        |mac11                              |y              |SMG
MP5k                          |mp5k                               |y              |SMG
MPL                           |mpl                                |y              |SMG
PM63                          |pm63                               |y              |SMG
Skorpion                      |skorpion                           |y              |SMG
Spectre                       |spectre                            |y              |SMG
Uzi                           |uzi                                |y              |SMG
Kiparis                       |kiparis                            |y              |SMG
HK21                          |hk21                               |y              |LMG
M60                           |m60                                |y              |LMG
RPK                           |rpk                                |y              |LMG
Stoner 63                     |stoner63                           |y              |LMG
HS-10                         |hs10                               |y              |Shotgun
SPAS-12                       |spas                               |y              |Shotgun
Olympia                       |rottweil72                         |y              |Shotgun
Stakeout                      |ithaca                             |y              |Shotgun
Dragunov                      |dragunov                           |y              |Sniper
WA2000                        |wa2000                             |y              |Sniper
L96A1                         |l96a1                              |y              |Sniper
PSG1                          |psg1                               |y              |Sniper
ASP                           |asp                                |n              |Pistol
M1911                         |m1911                              |n              |Pistol
Makarov                       |makarov                            |n              |Pistol
Python                        |python                             |n              |Pistol
CZ75                          |cz75                               |n              |Pistol
M72 LAW                       |m72_law                            |n              |Launcher
RPG                           |rpg                                |n              |Launcher
Strela-3                      |strela                             |n              |Launcher
China Lake                    |china_lake                         |n              |Launcher
Ballistic Knife               |knife_ballistic                    |n              |Special
Crossbow                      |crossbow_explosive                 |n              |Special
Concussion Grenade            |concussion_grenade                 |n              |Equipment
Flash Grenade                 |flash_grenade                      |n              |Equipment
Frag Grenade                  |frag_grenade                       |n              |Equipment
Semtex Grenade                |sticky_grenade                     |n              |Equipment
Nova Gas                      |tabun_gas                          |n              |Equipment
Willy Pete                    |willy_pete                         |n              |Equipment
Claymore                      |claymore                           |n              |Equipment
C4                            |satchel_charge                     |n              |Equipment
Tomahawk                      |hatchet                            |n              |Equipment
Rolling Thunder               |airstrike                          |n              |Killstreak
Sentry Gun                    |auto_gun_turret                    |n              |Killstreak
Attack Helicopter             |cobra_20mm_comlink                 |n              |Killstreak
Attack Dogs                   |dog_bite                           |n              |Killstreak
Gunship (Minigun)             |hind_minigun_pilot_firstperson     |n              |Killstreak
Gunship (Rocket)              |hind_rockets_firstperson           |n              |Killstreak
Chopper Gunner                |huey_minigun_gunner                |n              |Killstreak
Valkyrie Rockets              |m220_tow                           |n              |Killstreak
Mortar Team                   |mortar                             |n              |Killstreak
Napalm Strike                 |napalm                             |n              |Killstreak
RC-XD                         |rcbomb                             |n              |Killstreak
Death Machine                 |minigun_mp                         |n              |Killstreak
Grim Reaper                   |m202_flash                         |n              |Killstreak
Explosive Bolt                |explosive_bolt                     |n              |Killstreak
Explodable Barrel             |explodable_barrel                  |n              |Killstreak
Grenade Launcher              |gl                                 |n              |Attachment
Flamethrower                  |ft                                 |n              |Attachment
Masterkey                     |mk                                 |n              |Attachment
Knife                         |knife                              |n              |Misc
World                         |world                              |n              |Misc
None                          |none                               |n              |Misc
Bomb                          |briefcase_bomb                     |n              |Misc
Car                           |destructible_car                   |n              |Misc

And the attachments:
Code:
Id             |Name                          |Code
-----------------------------------------------
1              |ACOG Sight                    |acog
2              |Reflex Sight                  |reflex
4              |Drum Mag                      |drum
8              |Dual Mag                      |dualclip
16             |Red Dot Sight                 |elbit
32             |Extended Mag                  |extclip
64             |Flamethrower                  |ft
128            |Grenade Launcher              |gl
256            |Grip                          |grip
512            |Infrared Scope                |ir
1024           |Upgraded Iron Sights          |upgradesight
2048           |Low Power Scope               |lps
4096           |Masterkey                     |mk
8192           |Speed Reloader                |speed
16384          |Rapid Fire                    |rf
32768          |Suppressor                    |silencer
65536          |Snub Nose                     |snub
131072         |Variable Zoom                 |vzoom
262144         |Dual Wield                    |dw
524288         |Full Auto Upgrade             |auto

I think that's all the info you're ever going to need. I've also attached the txt files.

Attachments:
BO_log_info.zip [2.48 KiB]
Downloaded 346 times

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:18 pm 

hogramage
If you dont mind me asking how did you setup a file to get the updated server logs?

Does anyone know the command to set up a script to get logs from black ops server?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:53 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Are the log servers down? keep getting this message

"An internal error has occured. Please try again in 30 minutes."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:33 pm 

yeah whats up with the log urls? been having problems with it all morning.

any word on this yet?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:38 pm 

ok what gives, if its not the server lagging on a "new machine" its something else. Out of the blue, my BTM will no longer access the log file irregardless of what i do, I have stopped and restarted the server 2 times, i have reset and reapplied the log url in the console itself and in my server CP. So, I presume i must sit and load each map as it will not rotate following the settings I have set. I do not allow last stand in my server and cant even kick from with in the server due to access of the logfiles.
Why is it, being that this appears as if it is a GS issue, an email cant be sent out. i know they can def send for the money right?
I have sent a support ticket but fully expect the typical answers.

Looking for Call of Duty: Blackops Dedicated Servers? Find them exclusively at GameServers.com!
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next