It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:30 pm
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:50 pm
No Longer a Newb

So, of course a company wants to make money so they will never turn a customer away, this is fully understandable. But when do you call enough is enough?

40,000+ players online
17,000+ servers online
2.3 people per server

Anyway, just thought it was interesting when I took a look this morning and saw the numbers. When you look for a server to play on and you scroll past hundreds of empty servers to find one that has enough people to get a game started.

Anyway, I've set my server for cancellation. Our clan will drop what they are doing to get it filled up, but honestly... it's just so much easier playing on someone elses dime, no waiting, no out of pocket expenses. Especially since our server still does not show in the browser, and virtually no control (thanks to AlterRcon for the hard work in giving us some extra control)... no sense in spending money on a broken product at this time.

Here is to hoping this new patch comes soon, and doesn't break more than it fixes :)

Looking for Call of Duty: Blackops Dedicated Servers? Find them exclusively at GameServers.com!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:07 pm
No Longer a Newb

And now ??

If you only see empty servers just use the filter option. Thats what it is for. . .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:22 pm
No Longer a Newb

I think you misunderstand my point. I use filters.

I play hardcore only, and 2/3 of them are still empty. Anyway, this wasn't really a "complaint" thread, just more of "matter of fact" ...

and now?? Well, like I said.. here is to hoping the patch fixes more than it breaks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:11 pm
What's Frag Mean?

It's always like this when a new game is released. It tends to settle down after a couple of months or so, with a reduced number of servers.

A lot depends on the game support, in this case by Treyarch. So far it's been poor, as they have locked the server settings down too much and pis*ed off many admins. A sure fire way to kill servers! :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:43 pm
Click my affiliate link

Don't worry they will be dropping like flies shortly. we dropped our so that's 2 less for ya. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:32 pm
Frag. Not post.

There are so many servers that the serverlist can't display them all...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:30 pm
What's Frag Mean?

40,000 players ...LOL that was a good number compared to last night. Friday night on the West Coast USA only 12,500 players were online with 17,000 servers. --and you have to get 6 in to start. Talk about frustrating. Yes I too predict servers will be dropping big time. There's not enough players to support the server base. And how do servers get paid for -- well clan members who want to keep playing on full servers and not spending hours trying to fill a server. Of course full servers mean happy players and more game sales for Treyarch by word of mouth and more money for GS for continued rentals. Alas, I fear this is going to go the way of MOH big time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:45 pm
No Longer a Newb

heh 17000 servers yet you can only see maybe 4000. That's less than 50%....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:53 pm
No Longer a Newb

I can only see 500-1000 servers of 5000..