Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32 33 Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:01 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

hi
how can I play with friends on the same team
each round of throws us in the opposite team
how can I set it up on my server?
pls help

sry for my english

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:26 pm 
No Longer a Newb

aPul wrote:
hi
how can I play with friends on the same team
each round of throws us in the opposite team
how can I set it up on my server?
pls help

sry for my english

Team Change is locked in RANKED servers. It would be possible in an UNRANKED server. There has been no news of implementing Team Change in RANKED servers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:27 am 

Hi guys

Just a few quick questions, sorry if they have already been answered.

When ordering a server, I see that the game designers have capped the player limit for ranked servers to 18 players. Is it possible at all to lower that cap? (for ranked servers) eg: instead of an 18 player server to a 12 player server.

Is the map rotation set to one standard or can anyone with Rcon access change the rotation, and add or remove maps?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:29 pm 
No Longer a Newb

regarding to twitter tweets from pcdev the next patch should contain 12 player playlists.

depending on the RCON tool you use every user can change the maprotation since every user has the same login (for one server) and rights.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:52 pm 
Click my affiliate link

muschmusch wrote:
regarding to twitter tweets from pcdev the next patch should contain 12 player playlists.

So does this mean that it will be either 12 or 18 slots? Or that we'll have more flexibility in case we want to have 10, 14, 16 slots instead?

I'm trying to find the reasoning on why Treyarch is locking down the controls so much. In particular with basic stuff like player slots, map rotations, map times, spawn delay time etc. If they don't get on the stick and start giving the community what they want, they're ultimately only going to hurt themselves when it comes to holiday sales of this game, and GS will see floods of server cancellations coming their way. Which would probably be a good thing given that there are way too many servers out there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:29 pm 
No Longer a Newb

well developers say most commonly 'it was a design decision', i think we will never know why the did the restrictions.

regarding your first question, i understood the tweet that way, that they will add playlists of common gamemodes with 12 players. for example you rent a 18 slot server but you can set it to host a playlist (tdm for example) which lets 12 people join.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:53 pm 
No Longer a Newb

HI MAGS.

Are you doing /rcon host and then /rcon login before you're doing /rcon status?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:58 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Yeah, you HAVE to do /rcon host yourIP:3074 and then /rcon login yourrconpw. Annoying but required. Thank god I have the G15 since you can't do binds.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:35 pm 

This is almost just as bad as having no dedicated servers at all. When they said there would be dedicated servers in this release, I was happy, but nonetheless they somehow managed to screw even this detail up. IT RUNS ON THE SAME ENGINE AS CoD5, which works perfectly to this day! How do you eff that up?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:25 am 
No Longer a Newb

if u only use

/rcon login password

u can kick people by name and u can send messages with console...

the only thing u need the /rcon host ***.***.***.** (the port number isnt needed) for is to get the
playerlist with /rcon status

if you aren't host , u can NOT bring up the list

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:33 am 

MisterNine wrote:
This is almost just as bad as having no dedicated servers at all. When they said there would be dedicated servers in this release, I was happy, but nonetheless they somehow managed to screw even this detail up. IT RUNS ON THE SAME ENGINE AS CoD5, which works perfectly to this day! How do you eff that up?

Unfortunately it appears to be a control issue on their end. I have seen no valid reasoning (of course Treyarch has been pretty quite) as to why they have neutered the rcon console.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:36 am 

so I have read this entire 31 page post and have tried the /rcon host followed by the /rcon password commands then test with the /rcon say hi, but I am not even getting to that point. I do not get a response when I enter the host and password commands so I am assuming I am entering them properly. When I actually type in /rcon in console the only command I see is rcon and it appears to be greyed out (inactive)? Any ideas? I have even pasted in my host IP and password to be sure Im not fat-fingering something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:41 am 
No Longer a Newb

YOu don't have fat fingers. I tried it and had zero success. I hope eventually the game developers will give ranked servers a bit more control that what we currently have.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:54 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Looks like the forum admins has gone fishing...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:12 pm 
No Longer a Newb

To busy choosing what colour leather for their new Ferrari.

Looking for Call of Duty: Blackops Dedicated Servers? Find them exclusively at GameServers.com!
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32 33 Next