PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:48 am 
No Longer a Newb

Prez wrote:
B3 is open source, shouldn't be too hard to look it up.

Got to love open source. Just wish some people in this thread would release their tool...

Sent from my HTC Glacier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:18 am 
Frag. Not post.

Meh... a lot of various tools have been released but a lot of them also went the way of the trash bin. Those still around are few that are still actually being updated and developed... and of those few there arent many that have a ton of abilities... not to say they aren't good, just some are lacking and force you to use multiple tools.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:01 pm 
No Longer a Newb

HarryNutz wrote:
Meh... a lot of various tools have been released but a lot of them also went the way of the trash bin. Those still around are few that are still actually being updated and developed... and of those few there arent many that have a ton of abilities... not to say they aren't good, just some are lacking and force you to use multiple tools.

TBH, the only good tools I see is B3, BTM (although issues, dev is working on it), and possibly sCon. sCon would take the cake if it was released...

BTM is easy to configure, and B3 is the most stable.

No other tool has all the features those 3 have.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:17 pm 
Frag. Not post.

My experience so far...

BTM - was great while we had it running on all 3 of our servers. The problem was that I didnt want it running on my desptop 24/7 so I looked into hosting for it. Only one host I could find and a lot of issues with the VPN's he was using, then add on that BTM was having runtime errors and constantly crashing... left a real bad taste in my mouth.

B3 - From what I have heard is very stable and offers a ton of features. A few reasons I haven't tried is because 1. Its seems a bit OVER complicated. 2. All my Admins use WebRcon to boot someone from the server if its full as I dont like the way Reserved Slots work... B3 (unless Im wrong and someone can correct me) does not have any kind of login type web rcon tool.

sCon - I am currently using this tool and it offers the best of both worlds. It has your typical !commands for ingame as well it also has the login Web Rcon. Granted its been a little bit of a rough go with it being in the beta stage right now, but the devs are constantly working on improving its functionality. I truly believe that once all the bugs are worked out, that sCon will for sure be one of the best tools out there and will for sure be one of the most feature rich tools.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:27 am 
What's Frag Mean?

MordyT wrote:
TBH, the only good tools I see is B3, BTM (although issues, dev is working on it), and possibly sCon. sCon would take the cake if it was released...

One maybe two weeks tops and we should be in a position to launch. We have just invested in another server to meet demand and will be setting that up and finishing off major bug fixes this week. Will then work on some of the better suggestions before launch.

I would however suggest you register on the forums because I am not allowed to advertise here once we launch.

Regards,
sCon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:14 pm 
No Longer a Newb

HarryNutz wrote:
My experience so far...
B3 - From what I have heard is very stable and offers a ton of features. A few reasons I haven't tried is because 1. Its seems a bit OVER complicated. 2. All my Admins use WebRcon to boot someone from the server if its full as I dont like the way Reserved Slots work... B3 (unless Im wrong and someone can correct me) does not have any kind of login type web rcon tool.

As for a "web rcon" for b3, try echelon.

sCon wrote:
MordyT wrote:

One maybe two weeks tops and we should be in a position to launch. We have just invested in another server to meet demand and will be setting that up and finishing off major bug fixes this week. Will then work on some of the better suggestions before launch.

I would however suggest you register on the forums because I am not allowed to advertise here once we launch.

Regards,
sCon.

I see I wasn't clear... I meant released as in released to the public for free like the other tools.

Having it cost money (I know, hosting, etc.) makes it drop to the bottom of the book for me. If you are going to claim hosting costs, then let us self host.

Sorta like dedicated server files...

Sent from my HTC Glacier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:09 am 
What's Frag Mean?

MordyT wrote:
I see I wasn't clear... I meant released as in released to the public for free like the other tools.

Having it cost money (I know, hosting, etc.) makes it drop to the bottom of the book for me. If you are going to claim hosting costs, then let us self host.

Sorta like dedicated server files...

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Had a feeling that was what you mean but I was being optomistic :). It's not going to happen and I think anyone that uses the tool can appreciate why. Same argument applies, people are happy to pay for a TS server even though they can quite easily host it themselves BUT for the sake of £3 a month, why bother ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:58 am 
Frag. Not post.

People are always hesitant and if they have their own hosting solution then of course they would prefer to not spend the extra couple of dollars... which thats exactly what it amounts too... a few dollars. I have my own hosting solution and I use WebRcon which is cool and a half way decent tool, gives me little to almost no troubles at all, but it just lacks a lot of other functionality that I'm looking for.

B3 is over complicated to even setup so if I was to choose that (which I was looking into prior to sCon's release) I would have gone with the premium hosting they have listed on their site...

BTM has no option at all for real hosting (or at least without your own VPN) or running it from your own computer which has to stay on 24/7 (no thanks), so I chose to have that hosted as well.

sCon is seriously gearing up to be thee best of all the worlds combined... take all the features of WebRcon, then mix in all the features of BTM and then toss in a majority of the features of B3, then sprinkle in some more features and what does that make? sCon... the "Smörgåsbord" of Rcon Tools.

And personally I think it makes more sense to keep the tool private and hosted the way it's being done now. All that releasing it would do, is create more headaches in the long run for the developers as they have already vested a lot of time and effort in making it stable within the environment they currently use. Toss it out there for everyone to use and next thing ya know the devs are getting bombarded from all different directions for support across a multitude of systems and setups and its a recipe for disaster.

Look at the current affairs of PC titles and we all know why us PC'ers get the short end of the Port Stick... because its easier for developers to mass produce games on consoles since they all use the "same" hardware and its much more difficult to deal with the vast amount of PC hardware, software and setups.

Keeping sCon private and self hosted means "one" thing... it will always be more stable... it will make life easier on the developers... which means the developers will have more time on their hands to continue improving on its functionality... which ends up being a better product for us Admins in the long run.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:56 am 
What's Frag Mean?

Thanks Harry. That hit the nail on the head.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:23 am 
Frag. Not post.

NP sCon... just doing my part to educate people, though I'm sure some will fail to see the point and hey... thats of course their perogative. Whats that old saying:

"You can please some of the people some of the time,All of the people some of the time,some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:16 pm 
No Longer a Newb

HarryNutz wrote:
People are always hesitant and if they have their own hosting solution then of course they would prefer to not spend the extra couple of dollars... which thats exactly what it amounts too... a few dollars. I have my own hosting solution and I use WebRcon which is cool and a half way decent tool, gives me little to almost no troubles at all, but it just lacks a lot of other functionality that I'm looking for.

B3 is over complicated to even setup so if I was to choose that (which I was looking into prior to sCon's release) I would have gone with the premium hosting they have listed on their site...

BTM has no option at all for real hosting (or at least without your own VPN) or running it from your own computer which has to stay on 24/7 (no thanks), so I chose to have that hosted as well.

sCon is seriously gearing up to be thee best of all the worlds combined... take all the features of WebRcon, then mix in all the features of BTM and then toss in a majority of the features of B3, then sprinkle in some more features and what does that make? sCon... the "Smörgåsbord" of Rcon Tools.

And personally I think it makes more sense to keep the tool private and hosted the way it's being done now. All that releasing it would do, is create more headaches in the long run for the developers as they have already vested a lot of time and effort in making it stable within the environment they currently use. Toss it out there for everyone to use and next thing ya know the devs are getting bombarded from all different directions for support across a multitude of systems and setups and its a recipe for disaster.

Look at the current affairs of PC titles and we all know why us PC'ers get the short end of the Port Stick... because its easier for developers to mass produce games on consoles since they all use the "same" hardware and its much more difficult to deal with the vast amount of PC hardware, software and setups.

Keeping sCon private and self hosted means "one" thing... it will always be more stable... it will make life easier on the developers... which means the developers will have more time on their hands to continue improving on its functionality... which ends up being a better product for us Admins in the long run.

First off, kudos for writing such a long well thought out post. Sorry my reply will be much shorter.

It boils down to this: If I must reply on someone else to keep it hosted, then I won't use it. Its why I won't rent a BO server, its why many people want the server files. We don't trust anyone but ourselves.

I don't want to deal with GS support, just like I don't want to deal with sCons support. It is not about the money, but rather who has the key in the end. And if it not me, then I won't use it.

And don't start with the "well you gotta rent a server, even to host your own stuff", as renting a server for over $150 a month and renting some space for 3 a month are not the same. I only pay the people I trust, and that applies to all aspects of life.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:52 pm 
Frag. Not post.

Hey everyone is allowed to have their own views and I don't bash anyone for it. I understand your concept of not trusting people as I am the same way by nature... I don't trust my own mother lol. But ya know, sometimes in life ya just have to take a chance... else in the end your just short-changing yourself.

I don't jump into anything without first giving it a lot of thought and do whatever research possible to make sure I'm not going to end up being shafted. I was originally hesitant on trying sCon as it was new and no clue who these guys were and it was because they were offering free Beta Testing that I opted to give it a shot. If it pay form the get-go... it questionable if I still would have tried it out.

But ya know what... I am going to be more then happy to hand over a few $'s a month now, once it does go live. And again... I understand your point of trust... but on the other hand, you never know if you CAN trust them... unless you give them the opportunity to prove themselves worthy of your trust. And these guys at sCon are straight up the real deal.

You did confuse me though with your "renting a server for over $150 a month and renting some space for 3 a month are not the same". Not exactly sure what point you were trying to make with that statement... but looking at it how I read it... I would be more willing to trust someone I don't know with paying them $3 versus someone that I didn't know and paying them $150.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:21 am 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

A catastrophe is disorder. Fiascos result in perplexity and confusion. Many individuals need to help, however lamentably, regularly add to the turmoil. The greatest obstacle in a catastrophe is correspondence. Everything from relational cooperations to proficient rescuer correspondences separates amid a calamity. The way to overcoming and recouping from a calamity is to recover these correspondences on track through survival equip. At the point when a catastrophe strikes, regardless of whether a vast scale, multi-zone calamity or a little, single building debacle, correspondence breakdown can mean included turmoil. The worry of the circumstance can strain even individual to-individual contact and render ordinary methods for correspondence futile. Telephone lines, radio and cell towers, and power may all be thumped out amid a fiasco, additionally devastating interchanges. This prompts a requirement for an alternate type of correspondence.
Thanks& regards,
Lindsey nicole
Disaster Equipment|Disaster Supplies

Looking for Call of Duty: Blackops Dedicated Servers? Find them exclusively at GameServers.com!